Windows 7 Windows 7 RDP to WIn 2003

LukeIrvine

Is there any Know issues with the Windows 7 version of RDP. I was connected to a windows 2003 and logged off the server by typing logoff in run.

I was logged off but the server then proceeded to restart.

Any one see this issue before?

Is there any Know issues with the Windows 7 version of RDP. I was connected to a windows 2003 and logged off the server by typing logoff in run.

I was logged off but the server then proceeded to restart.

Any one see this issue before?

Actually I was looking for a way to restart the server from RDP - maybe you've just answered the question for me.:razz:

Why did you type logoff via RUN. Surely just logoff via the Menu (or even just disconnect your RDP session of you don't want to logoff - for example you might have some jobs running but don't want to stay remotely connected.).

Actually I didn't even know you could type LOGOFF from the run command . -- We learn something every day. :razz:

Cheers
jimbo

Why did you type logoff via RUN. Surely just logoff via the Menu (or even just disconnect your RDP session of you don't want to logoff - for example you might have some jobs running but don't want to stay remotely connected.).

Cheers
jimbo

Hi Jimbo let me answer your question above. The resason the i logged of the server via the run command is a precuation against the mistake of hitting the restart or shutdown instead. I'm people remember doing that it some stage.

Also the reason the i logoff instaed of disconnecting is that on occasion a disconnected session can get its self in a muddle and prevent you from connecting again. You would have to kill the session via TS admin.

Actually I was looking for a way to restart the server from RDP - maybe you've just answered the question for me.:razz:

Cheers
jimbo

You can restart a server in a RDP session be using the shutdown -r command in run or cmd. You can restart a server remotly by using this command SHUTDOWN -r /m \\Computer

Last edited:
Back