Windows 7 Windows 7 service paritition

mjabade

HI,
I have bought a Lenovo Y550 IdeaPad with Windows 7 64 bit home premium preinstalled.
While creating recovery disc, it fails with error saying "Cannot find service partition".
I can also see the service partition, when actually it should be hidden.

Is this a laptop issue or Windows 7 issue? What can be done to hide the service partition?

Thanks
Mandar

Maybe someone will come along with experience with this, but if Win 7 was preinstalled, did you get a recovery or Install DVD with the computer?

Is there a special procedure for making a Recovery disc Lenovo recommends when you first received the laptop?

When you say you can see the partition, are you using Disk Management? It may be visible, but if you right click, you will probably not have any options to add drive letters and such.

Maybe someone will come along with experience with this, but if Win 7 was preinstalled, did you get a recovery or Install DVD with the computer?

Is there a special procedure for making a Recovery disc Lenovo recommends when you first received the laptop?

When you say you can see the partition, are you using Disk Management? It may be visible, but if you right click, you will probably not have any options to add drive letters and such.

1. The Lenovo center who sold me the laptop, say this is some kind of "Paper License" which is different than a "OEM" one. So I only get a preinstalled copy of Win 7 and not any DVD.

2. Yes the Y550 IdeaPad comes with a preinstalled recovery disc creation software that has to be executed when you first get the laptop. I did that, but during changing the DVDs, I accidentally pressed cancel on the mouse pad. :) You know it is m first laptop and I had no experience with that sleek sensitive mouse pad on the laptop. Then I tried creating the discs again, but the software fails saying "Cannot find service partition".

3. Yes I can see the service partition in Disk management and I also have all options for it.
However, there has been a development since I posted this. Yesterday night I downloaded Partition Wizard and ran it. Using this I made the service paritition "HIDDEN". Now I cannot see it in disk management as well as explorer. This is same as the state when I bought the laptop. However I still cannot create the recovery disc. It says "Service partition unavailable".
May be I have corrupted it. :(

4. Now waiting for some expert comments in this forum as well as from Lenovo customer care.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom