Windows 7 Windows 7 Sleep Issues

Diverge

I have a few issues with sleep on my desktop machine that is running Windows 7 RTM.

My machine consists of the following:
[DFI JR X58-T3H6] [i7 920 D0] [12GB OCZ OCZ3B2000C9LV6GK] [Corsair CMPSU-750TX] [Windows 7 (64bit)] [EVGA 280 GTX][OCZ Vertex 30GB x 3 in RAID0]

I'll start with the most troubling issue (#1);

1) my PC will go to sleep when it not at idle. For examle, I was running Prime95 to stress my pc (testing out my water cooling setup), and it would go to sleep while it is running prime95. There's no way it could mistake my PC for idle, when all the cores are 100% utilized.

2) if the pc is left sleeping for extended periods of time, it doesn't wake up properly. Sometimes it works great, even resuming running prime95. Other times i'll get no video, keyboard or mouse, but my water pump and everything else turn on. Sometimes if I left it sit waking up for a long time, the mouse will come back if it press a button it.

3) I did a little searching about windows 7 sleep issues, and found some other users with issues with premature sleep (pc going to sleep when not at idle). And during my searches I came across a cool feature of windows 7, running powercfg -energy in at a command prompt will run a report about issues your pc may have with power issues (sleeping as well).. Well so far, all the examples showing this run on the internet always seem to turn up with lots of errors and warnings. I ran it on both my machines, and it tells me both have issues (my laptop has no sleep issues, but yet shows problems in this report).

I was wondering if anyone has run this, or can run it, and if they got a good report?

Well the other day, I was fragmenting, noticed a huge amount of space being taken up, "using mydefrag" hovered over the huge amount of space noticed it was hiberfile.sys, so I checked it out even though I swore i disabled all the power crap nehow I came across this:

powercfg.exe -h off

enter that into the run box reboot, dunno if this will help you but it disables hibernation.

if its not enabled well sorry could not help.

Well the other day, I was fragmenting, noticed a huge amount of space being taken up, "using mydefrag" hovered over the huge amount of space noticed it was hiberfile.sys, so I checked it out even though I swore i disabled all the power crap nehow I came across this:

powercfg.exe -h off

enter that into the run box reboot, dunno if this will help you but it disables hibernation.

if its not enabled well sorry could not help.

I'm using SSD's in a raid 0 array, so that is one of the first things I did after installing windows. I don't need hibernation, since my pc boots really fast anyway. I just wanted it to sleep when idling for like 20 mins or so. But sleep is giving me those problems.. oh well, i disabled it for now.

Back