Windows 7 Windows 7 Sleep mode not waking up properly

Rapcher

I have been using sleep mode for a while. Until recently, I had to re-install my OS due to some troubleshooting and hardware issues. Now my PC won't wake up from sleep mode with the new install. She goes to sleep, and when I try to wake her up, she powers on, for like 2 seconds and then shuts off. I have to turn on the power switch to get it to boot. My pc is not a generic brand pc. It's a custom built water cooled pc. I haven't noticed any new driver installs. I have performed a clean start up with no insight to what the issue could be. Event viewer only shows what I expected.

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. - Event 41, Kernel Power
Session "Microsoft Security Client OOBE" stipped due to the following error: 0xc000000D Event 3, Kernel-Event Tracing

One way to troubleshoot a Power related problem is to use the Powercfg utility in a command prompt.

To do so, shutdown all unnecessary programs. Open a command prompt and type powercfg -energy and let it run. After it is finished, copy the .html file to the desktop to open.

There may be some errors at the beginning to check, and USB errors seem to be fairly common and usually do not cause problems. Farther down, there may be some mention of another utility that is having problems sleeping.

Could you give some history of what type of problems caused the reinstall, and how you did the reinstall as far as your hard drive condition? Are you getting Blue Screens?

Back
Top Bottom