Windows 7 Windows 7 - Some things aint working

Jordan

Okay, so I am running the Windows 7 beta and firstly it is bloody awesome, but I am having a problem.

I use a G9 Logitech Laser Mouse; Logitech > Support + Downloads > Downloads > Gaming > G9x Laser Mouse (Gaming Mouse)
Any-who, with this mouse comes software called, Setpoint. Basically what this does is allows the user to customize the mouse and this can be for anything the mouse offers changeable. Now since I have gaming sensitivity and normal sensitivity (i.e. DPI levels I use in-game and levels I use on the normal OS) I have a profile for that.

The way profiles work (other than the General one) is that when certain programs you have defined are detected to be running and you are currently in that window the profile will change accordingly, so on my Gaming profile of the mouse I have it set to a few game .exes and processes that the game runs. One of the main ones is CoD4s exe which is (for multiplayer) iw3mp.exe

Now before I was using Windows 7 this worked 100% fine, i'm not saying the OS is crap. NO WAY, I just was this to work.
Does anyone have any ideas?

Note: This is not just for any process or profile, the mouse profiles just aren't working 100%, wont change to anything.

EDIT: I know that is says on the OS compatible what is can be used with and Windows 7 isn't there, but ALL of my friends have the exact same mouse and keyboard etc... and they all run 7 and they can use it fine. I went to a lan around 4 days ago, and about 110 people were running 7 and they can all do it fine.

dw i fixed it

Last edited:
Did you test your mouse on their working setup just to make sure yours had not been damaged? Sometimes stuff breaks at the same time you make big changes to your system and you never suspect it. Especially stuff that can be dropped or sat on.

Thanks for updating your post Jordan... I think he's fixed it tblount....
grinning-smiley-003.gif

Not sure but he updated his post with this:

dw i fixed it

Windows 7 has the problem of shutdown suddenly as it is evaluation copy. Miscrosoft has kept this bug deliberately in the evaluation copy.

[email protected]

Do you mean the beta? I think that version will either be closed or shutting down every 2hrs. If you have the RC version it sounds like you've got serious problems and it might be better if you created a new thread to save confusion..

Back