Windows 7 Windows 7 SP1

blackroseMD1

Extraordinary Member
OK guys, take this with a grain of salt...

WINDOWS 7 7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_x

35287-windows_7_sp1_big.jpg

Now, I know what most of you are thinking. "There is no way MS would be working on SP1 for an OS that hasn't even been released yet."

Normally, I would be the first to agree, but then I thought of something. MS has stated numerous times that the RC is feature complete. Instead of SP1 being what we are used to (driver updates, bug fixes etc.), what if they are compiling SP1 as a way of adding features that have come since the RC?

Notice the build number in the screenshot is 7138...

Again, take this with a grain of salt, but I wouldn't be surprised if MS is working on SP1 alongside W7, or even if they have already reached the build they have decided is RTM and have stopped development (although that is highly unlikely, seeing as how build 7141 has been confirmed as being compiled).

SS Source: Winfuture

Edit: From WZOR.net, who has been pretty reliable when it comes to builds and compile dates:

Microsoft is launch the development of Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 on this show became available to us to build the first Windows 7 x86_client, x64_server-client with an integrated Service Pack 1
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_01,
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_02
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_03,
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_04,
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_05,
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_06,
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_07,
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_08,
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_09,
7138.0.090523-xxxx-winmain_win7xxx_sp1_10

Work on creating the first service pack comes in parallel with the completion of the final RTM version of Windows 7, but in a separate non-core (winmain) branch (branch) D: winmain_win7xxx_sp
Begin work on Service Pack 1 for Windows 7 suggests that we've passed the Rubicon in the creation of Windows 7, and at this stage of work is extremely Proofreading code to detect in pre-RTM builds zakravshihsya error, the integration of third-party applications and obkatyvanie their system. For third-party applications relate in particular, virtualization applications.

NOTE: Illustration for the time being temporarily cut-off, zaretushirovano exact name of the branch assembly time and assembly, the assembly is not from a branch winmain, date and time of assembly differ from assemblies in the assembly line winmain.
Following the decision "political" issue, we will post additional information.

Last edited:
Makes sense to me that they have locked down the code for the RTM and split into a new branch for the SP1 and its feature set.

I'm going to have to agree with Kyle on this one.. Bullsh*t is fitting.. ;) If proved wrong, I'll be the first to admit it though.. :)

Windows Vista and Windows Server "Longhorn" (Windows Server 2008) were forked after Beta 2 in May 2006. Vista SP1 comes from the same code as Windows Server 2008. In other words, Microsoft started work on the Vista SP1 code six months before finishing Vista.

Last edited:
That's fact ^^^

However, microsoft usually denotes build number for service pack on a different line up than the OS, which it is shown here, they are not.
I call bullshit, on this.

However, I do acknowledge that it is probable that SP1 is being worked on right now, this, however, is not it.

"However, microsoft usually denotes build number for service pack on a different line up than the OS, which it is shown here, they are not."

That wraps up this thread. Agreed, Kyle. With 7137 floating around, it would topple the "brains" in Microsoft to throw that curve.

"However, microsoft usually denotes build number for service pack on a different line up than the OS, which it is shown here, they are not."

That wraps up this thread. Agreed, Kyle. With 7137 floating around, it would topple the "brains" in Microsoft to throw that curve.

Close the thread then?

Maybe not this one Radenight. It is a discussion on builds, in the general sense, like so many other threads. Let the members work it out of their system!

Maybe not this one Radenight. It is a discussion on builds, in the general sense, like so many other threads. Let the members work it out of their system!

Yeah, that does make sense.. Get it all out now before the Retail hits.. ;)

Hi all

The latest build available generally in the Wild is 7137. Anything else is 100% B/S. Later builds *might* leak in a week or two but who knows.

There are some later builds but these are not "generally available".

Here's the desktop for 7137 (X-64) string is Build7137.winmain.090521-1745

Don't believe any posts where dates / strings etc are "blacked out".

Cheers
jimbo

Hi all

The latest build available generally in the Wild is 7137. Anything else is 100% B/S. Later builds *might* leak in a week or two but who knows.

There are some later builds but these are not "generally available".

Here's the desktop for 7137 (X-64) string is Build7137.winmain.090521-1745

Don't believe any posts where dates / strings etc are "blacked out".

Cheers
jimbo

It has become a game of chess to navigate between the various claims for this and that build .
Your completely correct about the need for clear indications when a claimed build is mooted . Do not hide dates /string etc :)

According to various sources, the next build that will go up on Connect to MS Partners will be 7200, which has a tentative date of being up on Connect June 11. Code freeze on RTM is approximately June 7, with RTM June 30. :D

According to various sources, the next build that will go up on Connect to MS Partners will be 7200, which has a tentative date of being up on Connect June 11. Code freeze on RTM is approximately June 7, with RTM June 30. :D

Ty :) Interesting month ahead :D

Back