Windows 7 Windows 7 Startup

carguy

I keep getting this message every time I turn on my computer, I have reinstalled Windows 7, googled this messaged, and I got nothing. Additionally internet explorer will open then will have to close, then looking for solutions, then just keeps repeating such. I went into safe mode with networking and IE worked with all add ons off, and no message appeared. Any help greatly appreciated.

"The module, "C:\\Windows\system32\config\system...\hztklued.dll" failed to load." :confused:

Windows Start up

I keep getting this message every time I turn on my computer, I have reinstalled Windows 7, googled this messaged, and I got nothing. Additionally internet explorer will open then will have to close, then looking for solutions, then just keeps repeating such. I went into [COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]safe [/FONT][COLOR=blue !important][FONT=inherit !important]mode[/FONT][/COLOR][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR] with networking and IE worked with all add ons off, and no message appeared. Any help greatly appreciated.

"The module, "C:\\Windows\system32\config\system...\hztklued.dll" failed to load." :confused3:

Re: Windows Start up

Threads merged to save confusion. Please do not double post.

If your issue isn't appearing whilst in safe mode then chances are it's a driver. Do you have the system fully updated with the latest bios and driver versions?

Do you happen to know what the .dll is? Since I do not seem to have it on my system, perhaps a virus check would be helpful. Viruses have a bad habit of creating random names to hide themselves. If you know what it is, then perhaps is something else.

But you might be able to use msconfig.exe to uncheck the start-up option and keep it from trying to load.

The location you show for the .dll is the area where the registry hard copies are kept.

Saltgrass, Sorry for such a while to respond to your help. It's been a long week. I did have a Trojan a little bit back, 2mos. I had Microsoft Security Essentials but I think my son opened an attachment and welcomed it in, when i did all the scans I could find it came back with "Blacole" virus. Security Essentials did not recognize it, I downloaded Norton, removed it, and even reloaded Windows 7. Tried to install a backup from last year but I am still getting this message. Just getting really frustrating>>>>> Is this more help ??

I will assume you do not know what the .dll is or what utility installed it.

I would try using msconfig.exe to see if it is listed as a startup item and see where it starts up so you can remove it from the list. If that or the next suggestion does not help, you may want to download AutoRuns from SysInternals to see what might be starting. If you can find it with this utility, you can get info on where it is being started from.

I would also open regedit.exe and do a search for the .dll to see if you can find out how it might be starting up. If you do find it and you do not feel it is necessary, you might think about deleting it from the registry...caution is advised when doing such an operation..

I suppose looking in the Startup folder on the Start Menu might contain some info.

OK, so far your a miracle worker. Ran the AutoRun tool, got frustrated, unchecked everything in yellow. Restarted computer and now the message is gone. Internet explorer is still fighting me though. I searched config in the auorun and it found this "regsvr32.exe C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Macromedia\hztklueh.dll" any thoughts ????

I am not an expert on the different versions of flash players, but it looks like someone downloaded and install the Macromedia version. If you do show it installed, you might try to uninstall it, or if you are using it, reinstall the application.

I do not know if it might be connected to some type of plug-in or add on for a browser.

The brothersoft site might have support info since it appears to be from them...

Do you know if you are also running the Adobe version of a flash player?

Back