Windows 7 Windows 7 The Bad Experience

Kirtiraj

Now after installing windows 7 on my machine the windows experience index is not calculating in middel of process it says something like hardware not found. i installed the windows 7 7057 build on desktop with d101 intel mb and pentium D processor 3.06 GHz and mother board was set dead.....
on my lappy problem started after installing 7057 build...
but on my friends lappy of compaq v6040 even 7000 build is now hanging which was working fine before 23rd of march..
may microsoft has set time bomb activator in step by step method to screw up system ...
I am now back to vista & all problems are now solved..
Try Windows 7 on your own risk if your system is under worrenty.........

I hate to say it but your post is unwarranted.. ;) First of all you installed a daily/interim build.. which is something that is NOT recommended in the first place.. So that's what you get for using a daily build instead of the public beta (build 7000).. ;) You can't say Windows 7 is a bad OS based on using a daily build.. If you want to try Windows 7 than I'd suggest you get build 7000 and clean install that. DO NOT USE DAILY BUILDS!! The RC is due to be released next month (MAY) so once that comes out you can download it (legally) and clean install it over build 7000. :)

I don't know what the hell your talking about when you say "Microsoft has set time bomb activator in step by step method to screw up system,"... Windows 7 Build 7000 expires in July 09.. If you'd installed it and didn't use any cracks or any garbage like that then you wouldn't be having the problem your having.. ;)

Your friends laptop may be hanging but it's certainly not because build 7000 is a bad build.. Win 7 build 7000 is rock solid and extremely reliable (especially for a BETA OS).. He may have picked up a virus or something like that.....

I have tried Windows 7 Beta Build 7000 and Build 7068 (down loaded from Mininova) on different pc's. So far I have not had any problems with 7 on any of my machines. I have give copies of the program DVD to friends. Every one seem to be quite happy and impressed by the new Windows.

Or you may just have a bad copy that didn't download properly or that didn't burn properly or your may just have scratches on your CD. Also, since your post is from 2 days ago, why didn't you use atleast build 7068, the latest build available to the public? That build is working great for me on my desktop and on my tablet.

Experience

I have tried both 7000 and 7068 and my experience with both versions has been very good. That 7068 worked with old Compaq Deskpro with CPU less than 1 Ghz and a simple graphic card impressed me. But as other say, downloads are often not successfulk or the DVD might have scratches that affects the installation or the DVS drive might be bad. That I also have experienced, when I changed the drive everything went well.Probably there are areas in 7070 that Im have not reach to test, but so far I am impressed. Hope Microsoft is wise enough to not overprize Win 7

I hate to say it but your post is unwarranted.. ;) First of all you installed a daily/interim build.. which is something that is NOT recommended in the first place.. So that's what you get for using a daily build instead of the public beta (build 7000).. ;) You can't say Windows 7 is a bad OS based on using a daily build.. If you want to try Windows 7 than I'd suggest you get build 7000 and clean install that. DO NOT USE DAILY BUILDS!! The RC is due to be released next month (MAY) so once that comes out you can download it (legally) and clean install it over build 7000. :)

I don't know what the hell your talking about when you say "Microsoft has set time bomb activator in step by step method to screw up system,"... Windows 7 Build 7000 expires in July 09.. If you'd installed it and didn't use any cracks or any garbage like that then you wouldn't be having the problem your having.. ;)

Your friends laptop may be hanging but it's certainly not because build 7000 is a bad build.. Win 7 build 7000 is rock solid and extremely reliable (especially for a BETA OS).. He may have picked up a virus or something like that.....

I want to let you know if you have little knowledge of microsoft(MS) windows that as u said 7000 build is a public but its was the first step for development of windows7, there was a feedback option for FEED BACKS ok....after recieving incompatibility issues through feed back process the MS started sorting out the problems in the next builds for making it perfect so at first you can not say "Win 7 build 7000 is rock solid and extremely reliable" if it was extremely reliable there was no meaning of setting feed back option and it would be the RTM or OEM but 7000 build is not even close to RC build as said by MS..... and after sorting problems & updating the compatibility they announce the next builds such as 7048,7051,7057,7068,7070,7077,7105 and so on. So you can not say the recent builds as "daily build". As these builds are published by MS itself(If MS has not sold his rights of windows 7 to 3rd party)...
And About Virus that Lappy was having McAfee Total Protection 2009 with uptodate virus definations so their is no chance of virus attack.... The Lappy is having 3GBRAM,1.8GHz X2AMD,160GB HDD,DVD/RW.and the HDD index was just 2.9 In windows7 32bit 7000build which turned to 5.4 after installing Vista ultimate 32 bit, can any one explain why it was so???
And any one can explain why the Intel 945GCNL mother boad was dead after installing Windows7 7058 build....

I want to let you know if you have little knowledge of microsoft(MS) windows that as u said 7000 build is a public but its was the first step for development of windows7, there was a feedback option for FEED BACKS ok....after recieving incompatibility issues through feed back process the MS started sorting out the problems in the next builds for making it perfect so at first you can not say "Win 7 build 7000 is rock solid and extremely reliable" if it was extremely reliable there was no meaning of setting feed back option and it would be the RTM or OEM but 7000 build is not even close to RC build as said by MS..... and after sorting problems & updating the compatibility they announce the next builds such as 7048,7051,7057,7068,7070,7077,7105 and so on. So you can not say the recent builds as "daily build". As these builds are published by MS itself(If MS has not sold his rights of windows 7 to 3rd party)...
And About Virus that Lappy was having McAfee Total Protection 2009 with uptodate virus definations so their is no chance of virus attack.... The Lappy is having 3GBRAM,1.8GHz X2AMD,160GB HDD,DVD/RW.and the HDD index was just 2.9 In windows7 32bit 7000build which turned to 5.4 after installing Vista ultimate 32 bit, can any one explain why it was so???
And any one can explain why the Intel 945GCNL mother boad was dead after installing Windows7 7058 build....

First of all there's no need to get ignorant about it.. you asked a question and I gave you an answer, if you don't agree with it that's fine, I never said you have to agree with it.. ;)

Build 7000 was actually NOT the first build of Windows 7.. there were several before that (ALPHA builds 6801 and so on) Build 7000 was the only build that has been released by Microsoft themselves to the general public.. Some of the builds that followed were in fact released to internal partners but NONE of them were officially released by Microsoft to the general public... They were leaked.... ;) Any build after 7000 is in fact a daily/interim build.. I'm not going to argue that point with you as I know it's true and I don't have time to waste arguing it with you. Just because those builds are available to download does NOT mean they were actually released by Microsoft to whoever wants to download them, they were LEAKED.. plain and simple.. :)

As for build 7000's problems, yes I admit it had some, it wouldn't be right if it didn't.. and yes MS has been fixing them, but as far as build 7000 not being reliable and rock solid well I'm sorry but your wrong friend.. I've been using it since it was released and have not had any major problems at all (I say major meaning nothing that has forced me to go to another build.. ;) ) So yes, it is in fact a very solid build.. I don't waste my time downloading all these daily builds.. it's pointless in my opinion.. I will download the RC once it's released officially by Microsoft to the general public.. I could get it before it I wanted to but like I said already, build 7000 is still getting the job done perfectly fine so I'll wait...

I really don't know what your going on about with the feedback button.. I know why it was put there and I know what it's used for... You really need to calm down, When I said build 7000 is a rock solid and very reliable, I ment it IS reliable and solid for a BETA build.. It's not my fu$%king fault you took that the wrong way...

"So there is no chance of virus attack." Are you serious? Your ranting to me, if you actually believe that your computer can't be infected at all than I think maybe you better do some research there...

Anyways this has been fun, but I'm off to help some others now..

Cheers.

Now after installing windows 7 on my machine the windows experience index is not calculating in middel of process it says something like hardware not found. i installed the windows 7 7057 build on desktop with d101 intel mb and pentium D processor 3.06 GHz and mother board was set dead.....
on my lappy problem started after installing 7057 build...
but on my friends lappy of compaq v6040 even 7000 build is now hanging which was working fine before 23rd of march..
may microsoft has set time bomb activator in step by step method to screw up system ...
I am now back to vista & all problems are now solved..
Try Windows 7 on your own risk if your system is under worrenty.........

I have tried all the builds without any problems . Only time I have had any trouble is with security software . A quick roll back fixed that and then installed ESET smart security :razz:

If you are going to try Beta software, software in testing then you have to understand you are taking a risk.

RC canidates like 7077 are very stable so they can be used to test drivers and software and software developers can make compatable software.

To come on here and list old Computers and say there is something wrong (Any computer more then 2 years old is too old BTW)
Well is just not helping anyone.

Mother boards die has nothing to do with MS

The "Time Bomb" is that MS put a time limit on the software

If you download off torrents you can get viruses and trojans and keyloggers too, not MS fault.

take responsibility stop blaming others for your shortcomings. If you play with beta win 7 then be prepared for problems.

(Any computer more then 2 years old is too old BTW)
I don't know about this statement, my notebook is about 3 years old and it runs Win 7 beta quite well.

Having said that I can say I am/have been very impressed by Win 7 beta. Any issues I've had have been minor and easily dealt with. I have avoided Vista like the plague, sticking to my old standby XP Pro-SP3. I think however Win 7 will soon be taking the place of XP in the near future.

At present XP resides on my HDD along with Win 7 beta (build 7000) as well as a few Linux distributions.

I agree with other folks here about staying away from the so called "leaked" daily builds. I much prefer to get my MS software from Microsoft itself, when it is officially released by MS. The same applies to any Linux distros I download.
I do not trust pirate sites or torrent sites in general. Staying away from peer to peer sites is probably one reason I have never got infected by viruses or other malware.

I'm looking forward to the official MS release of Windows 7 RC in May. I suspect it will be very stable and complete based on my experience with the beta version. The fact that I will be able to use it until June 2010 is just icing on the cake.
I do plan on purchasing some version of Win 7 final, so giving me a year to try it out is fantastic in my opinion.
Especially since the RC will be full featured. This will help me decide which version of the final to purchase.

If you are going to try Beta software, software in testing then you have to understand you are taking a risk.

This is very true. You're using software that hasn't been fully developed yet, it's going to have issues. You can't blame M$ for that, you can only blame yourself for installing it.

Any computer more then 2 years old is too old BTW

My 3 year old Core 2 Duo would disagree with you. :p Right now I'd say the cutoff for old tech is high end stuff from 4 years ago. Meaning P4 is old tech, some Athlon X2's are old tech, anything Celeron is old tech. Pretty much anything with 2+ cores is still good, though some Athlon X2's are pretty aged at this point.

My desktop still runs everything pretty fast, though it helps that it's overclocked and running 8GB of memory. :)

hmmm hmmmm

@camride- :pi have a dearyy P4 and THAT is pretty much more over 4years.. the AMD sempron desktop and a celeron lappy.. too pretty much make my sack full of "not new" tech..

but just the same i have used 7077 one these since a few days now with okay results.. just the Vista and Windozzz 7 dual boot machine have similar issues in Vista&7.. sometimes even non system folders cannot be accessed even from Admin rights user- as it gives you do not have permission to access that folder/ file error..

:rolleyes:Its a Microsoft conspiracy against me!!:eek:

@raj- bhai.. bro just clarify if you had installed them on a virgin partition.. .errr.. I mean was it installed after a clean format??:confused:

That your saying there was an anti virii.. puzzles me..

in my case, I have been installing 7077 build (all that MP3 hotfix issue is sorted in this i guess) on a clean partition
with disabling/ opting out of automatic updates.

then the first thing i install after the LAN drivers/ display (if needed) is my copy of Symantec Endpoint.. so till such time its a clean format partion on which W7 sits.

hope things sort out for you- else you can re install

download and use the beta officially available at microsoft
1] open an account at login.live.com
2] go to uncle google and search for "windows ecosystem invite" [without the quotes]
3] find the 12letters (alphanumneric) or so long code on one of the site and CRTL C it
4] type connect.microsoft.com
5] use the login details created in Step 1 dear Raj
6] surf down to the Windows Ecosystem section and CTRL V/ paste the code from Step 3
the idea is to "join" Windows7 program
7] once you are IN.. just add it to your dashboard and you can take official public releases from Microhard directly

simple!
https://connect.microsoft.com/site/sitehome.aspx?SiteID=704

while at it.. try the Windows Wireless WAN 3G forum too.. it has some interesting stuff too

Back