Windows 7 Windows 7 Ult. 64bit

nehoma

Honorable Member
I must say since installing the retail version if Win 7 Ult.x64 I have had no problems with it at all and judging from the latest posts most of the problems aired seem to be computer related or operators not knowing how to do things rather than any major fault of Windows. IE8 is rather slow but otherwise I like it. So I am glad I upgraded and got the discount for early orders.

Watch out for Lerts

Glad to see your running without problems..:) Like you I bought early and got the discounted version although I was looking in Overclockers the other day and it's still not that expensive..

I nearly swallowed my cigarette when i first started reading your post Drew... I thought 'What!..but he said it was all going so well'... Then I saw what you'd written underneath...Doh! :D

Drew
I couldn't help but smile when I saw your post! I just went to retail a few weeks ago and have no real problems adjusting display was the biggest. It seems to me that antivirus and spyware scans run noticeably faster now than in RC. I think most of the people having major problems now have either upgraded or are using an old PC or both.
Joe

Oh yes indeed... W7 is certainly one fine piece of work. What are the specs of the machine in question?

Drew
Nothing much Drew just My old PC.

MB: ASUS P5GDC V Deluxe
CPU: P4 Prescott @ 3.4Ghz
RAM: 4GB G Skill 8500
Vid: Powercolor PCS+ 4870 (GPU@ 800Mhz Mem@ 1100Mhz)
ASUS 22" LCD ( I share this screen with the 2 PC's)
On board Sound
Win7 64bit Ultimate
:rolleyes:

Free Copy of Windows 7...????

Hi folks...

I'm a little upset... I was sent a invite back in Aug. '09 to beta test Windows 7.... with the offer of a free copy... I tested this software for 4 months and now can't seem to recover a free copy of Windows.... I'm not a cheap individual... It's just that I've purchased two copies of vista ultimate within the past 8months... for a 32bit and 64bit PC... the reason being is that do to all the hackable holes that vista had... I was a victim of all sorts of cyber crime that I don't want to go into right now.... my main problem is since testing the beta, I used the windows 7 bit locker for two hard drives that now I can't get into b/c I've gone back to Vista ultimate.... for some reason I now can't redeem the offer I was given when I downloaded the beta.... I called Microsoft directly and they more or less hungup on me....

can anyone help me.... I can't access my other hard drives with vista bit locker soo I'm stuck....

thanks....

xrams....

Hi folks...

I'm a little upset... I was sent a invite back in Aug. '09 to beta test Windows 7.... with the offer of a free copy... I tested this software for 4 months and now can't seem to recover a free copy of Windows.... I'm not a cheap individual... It's just that I've purchased two copies of vista ultimate within the past 8months... for a 32bit and 64bit PC... the reason being is that do to all the hackable holes that vista had... I was a victim of all sorts of cyber crime that I don't want to go into right now.... my main problem is since testing the beta, I used the windows 7 bit locker for two hard drives that now I can't get into b/c I've gone back to Vista ultimate.... for some reason I now can't redeem the offer I was given when I downloaded the beta.... I called Microsoft directly and they more or less hungup on me....

can anyone help me.... I can't access my other hard drives with vista bit locker soo I'm stuck....

thanks....

xrams....

This link might prove helpfull:

Access Windows 7 BitLocker Protected Content In Vista & XP Using BitLocker To Go Reader

thanks sooo much Kemical and to this site for you quick response....

So I guess that unless you've purchased windows OS within the last 6mos.... your out of luck.. even if (due to Vista hack openings) I've bought two sets of Vista OS software within the last year...??!?!? I just spoke with a radio shack rep. and the free Windows OS referred to the Beta test... is this correct...???

thanks again for your link and help... I will get back with you to affirm success...
xrams...

'xrams',

Hi & Welcome to Windows 7 Forums :)

Write to the following address - [email protected]

Att: Wendy

Explain your situation to her.

Wendy is w/ the Windows 7 Build Team & responsible for your issue.

Thanks,
Drew
Invited MS Beta Tester

"A scan a day keeps the nasties away!"

Hi Drew...

thanks I just noticed your post....

I do have money... Eventhou I've purchased two PC's since Jan. 07.... right when Vista came out... I knew little of Group Policy then... however, now I'm an expert... Vista is now safe... however, back then I spent about $1,000 in software not including Vista ultimate upgrade for 32bit... then 64bit PC buy and move up the Ultimate with that PC.. to me the least Microsoft could do is give me new software after I've spent 500bucks on two copies of ultimate alone... I will try your suggestion....

thanks again you guys...

xrams...

edit... PS... If it were not for Kaspersky I'd still not know what was going on.... I'm not a shill... but for anyone not versed in regedit and group policy Kaspersky is the way to go.... this software stopped and pointed to just where the hackers were and how to stop them....

Last edited:
Hi Drew...

thanks I just noticed your post....

I do have money... Eventhou I've purchased two PC's since Jan. 07.... right when Vista came out... I knew little of Group Policy then... however, now I'm an expert... Vista is now safe... however, back then I spent about $1,000 in software not including Vista ultimate upgrade for 32bit... then 64bit PC buy and move up the Ultimate with that PC.. to me the least Microsoft could do is give me new software after I've spent 500bucks on two copies of ultimate alone... I will try your suggestion....

thanks again you guys...

xrams...

edit... PS... If it were not for Kaspersky I'd still not know what was going on.... I'm not a shill... but for anyone not versed in regedit and group policy Kaspersky is the way to go.... this software stopped and pointed to just where the hackers were and how to stop them....
Hi fellas...

Well I was surprised that I was told basically to go take a flying leap.... I would have thought that anyone buying this OS (vista ultimate) would've at least been given a discount... but now I realize that any effort buy MS to to extend favoritism to a group would appear to admit they put out a substandard product.... this is sad....

If anyone is interested in the reply I'll send it via PM...
thanks for the help...
xrams

Back
Top Bottom