Windows 7 Windows 7 update failure

Bill

Since August I cannot install Windows 7 updates.

Everything seem to go OK until "restart Computer"

The installation gets to 16% then hangs and "Reverting back" message appears.
I now have 11 updates but don't know what to do.

Is this something I can fix ?

Thanks

Try installing the updates say 2 or3 at a time until you find the bad one. Install all the good ones then mark bad one as don't remind me.

Along with helpifIcan's comments, you might check if any of the updates are hardware drivers and hide them.

Are you just restarting, or have you tried shutting the system all the way down?

If you can't get them to work, there is more info we might need.

Thank you both for returning to my problem.

I installed one at a time and after each one did a full shutdown and
up to now they have All worked - no bad ones ?
Just one thing, should I encounter a bad file file where would I set the "don't remind me" as I cannot find the option.

And if it helps others, the files were all Windows Updates and yes I was just hitting the restart button.

Thanks again

Try not to install all the updates at a time, but in small quantums. Remember, do not ever install those updates you are not aware about.

Thank you both for returning to my problem.

I installed one at a time and after each one did a full shutdown and
up to now they have All worked - no bad ones ?
Just one thing, should I encounter a bad file file where would I set the "don't remind me" as I cannot find the option.

This is a known issue about a particular update that came out about 2 weeks ago that would not install with other updates - exactly what happened to you. Installing one at a time was the solution. No need to dis-select.

p.s. The "don't remind me" in Bill Gates language is called "Hide". Right click an update (or SHFT-Click to select many) and right click where you will then get an option to hide it from ever showing. You can always restore hidden updates from the Windows Update Window in the left panel.

This is a known issue about a particular update that came out about 2 weeks ago that would not install with other updates - exactly what happened to you. Installing one at a time was the solution. No need to dis-select.

p.s. The "don't remind me" in Bill Gates language is called "Hide". Right click an update (or SHFT-Click to select many) and right click where you will then get an option to hide it from ever showing. You can always restore hidden updates from the Windows Update Window in the left panel.

Thank you for all the help received on this problem,
I'm now up and running without any problems.

Back
Top Bottom