Windows 7 Video Driver Issue

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by jay5w, Aug 21, 2010.

1. jay5w

jay5w New Member

Hey guys, I've been having a recurring problem at least twice a day, and more when I watch video, where I'm using my HP 6930p elitebook and the screen goes white with dull lines running through it. My laptop originally came with windows vista and was upgraded through my school to windows 7 32 bit. The problem never occurred with vista, and I have read online that maybe the drivers haven't been updated for windows 7 yet. I've viewed my windows event logs for errors and it seems that error 7009 keeps occurring saying "A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Roxio Hard Drive Watcher 9 service to connect". My computer has ATI mobility radeon hd3400 series drivers. Thanks for the help in advance.

2. cybercore

cybercore New Member

If you haven't upgraded the ati driver yet, do so:

ATI Catalyst

3. Nibiru2012

Nibiru2012 New Member

If you did an "upgrade" install over Vista instead of a clean or "custom" fresh install where the drive is wiped clean then that may be causing issues for you.

Many users who have gone the "upgrade" install route experience problems later on, usually after a several week or a few months.

4. cybercore

cybercore New Member

Also, you may want to disable Roxio Hard Drive Watcher - somewhere under Roxio > Tools or in Control Panel > Administrative > Serices.