Windows 7 Windows 7 & Vista is freezing

freezesisannoying

Hi, I've been having a lot of problems with these freezes. They occur in the boot up, when a device is changed and after a few hours of gaming, can be from 30 min to 3 h. I usually get the freezez in the startup after playing a game/watching a video , the error comes as a blue screen/black in the startup, when I restart the pc after bsod it works fine.

My own made pc:

Version: 6.1.7137 Build 7137
System model: MS-7519
System type: x64 based PC
Processor: Intel Core 2 duo CPU E8500 3.16GHz, 2 cores
Bios version: American Megatrends Inc. V1.3, 27.06.2008
SMBIOS ver: 2.5
RAM: 4 GB (2x 2GB)
Graphic Card: Asus EAH4870 DK 1G
Power Supply: 550W
Monitor: BenQ E2200hd (using dvi connection)
Disk driver: Samsung HD502IJ ATA Device

I've upgraded all drivers, and the problem still occur... I have checked my memory, using windows memory diagnostic and it told me there was nothing wrong with the ram... I used to have a Ati Radeon 4870 500 mb and I had the same problem there, sent it back to the manufactorer and got the one displayed above. I were also using vista x64 before and was thinking that windows 7 perhaps would solve it.. I have been reading a lot about this on the internet and I am getting really tired and annoyed.

I have been thinking that the power supply could be the problem since it just stops (insufficent power?), but I wanted to ask you guys first since a new one (750w) would cost med 200 $. Yeah, i'm from Norway and it's pretty expensive here..

Got a blue screen on vista telling me this: (the blue screens won't appear on Windows 7 kind of weird/the errors wont show up either since I am forced to do a restart.. ) Added the bsod attachment

Last edited:
Cooler Master Centurion 534, Sort,
Aluminium Front (Uten Strømforsyning)

BenQ 22" LCD E2200HD TCO03,
1920x1080, 1000:1, 2ms, VGA/DVI/HDMI

HIS Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5,
PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDMI/HDCP 1.
Corsair Powersupply 550W Black, ATX/EPS,
120mm Fan, 4xSATA, SLI, WxHxL

Intel Core? 2 Duo E8500 3.16GHz, Socket
LGA775, 6MB, 1333Mhz, BOXED w/fan

Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 4096MB CL5,
Kit w/two matched CM2X2048-6400 Dimm's

Samsung SpinPoint F1 500GB SATA2,
16MB 7200RPM

Samsung DVD±RW burner, SH-S202N, 20x,
Dual, LightScribe, Black, OEM

Logitech Z-4e 2.1 Høyttalere Sort
2 Satelitter og Subwoofer, 40 W RMS

MSI P43 NEO-F, P43, Socket-775, DDR2,
1600FSB, ATX, ICH10, PCI-Ex(2.0)x16

Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard
4000, ergonomisk tastatur, USB

CNet Wireless-G PCI 54 Mbps 802.11g,
WPA/AES/WPA2, RP-SMA kontakt

Bsod

hey I just checked and there is a known problem with atikmdag.sys but that is an ATI driver. I wonder why with the new graphics card is it still installed. Have you tried safebooting (uses a vga driver insead) or maybe un-installing the ati driver. Make sure you backup first. Good luck Ken

I have been trying to uninstall and install quite a few times with no success. Just one thing to mention, when I go into power options and change the preferred plans (from balanced to high or power saver) it will freez almot immediately. Anyways, thanks for your tip :)

Just got a new BSOD...
Description
A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7137.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1044

Files that help describe the problem
WD-20090604-1733.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 117
BCP1: FFFFFA8005FEC4E0
BCP2: FFFFF88003C71AC8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7137
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

This one and the other one mentioned is the two BSODs I keep getting

Last edited:
New BSOD

OK First you know its a video problem. Might be the driver. I know you dont want to re-install but windows 7 build 7201 is out and has a bunch of new (fixed) drivers. It might help. IS that ati driver still on the system? You could do a search for it and see. Good luck Ken

I will download the new version, though I doubt it will help=/ (Since I had the same problem with x64) Will take a while though, not so many seeders out there. What did you mean by checking if it is still in the system? Do you think I should use driver sweeper and delete the driver for then to install the official ati driver with catalyst? (I have heard that catalyst control center may be the problem as well, so I only installed the driver using update driver in device manager. There were already installed a beta version for ati there when I turned it on for the first time, so I updated that one)

Last edited:
freeze and links

OK In one of your posts you said you got a bsod and in the info posted was a filestop something like atimkr.sys. When i searched that file I found its an ati driver (your old graphics card) and now you dont have an ati card so it shouldn't be there. RE: the slowness of d/l on 7201 its on torrenets and Rapidshar and megaupload. Both are much faster. If you still cant get a decent d/l Avein on the other forum has links for where he parked it. If I had a problem like yours it would drive me nuts, but thats part of being a first adoptor. Hope you get resolution and feel free to contact me if you need in either forum. Ken

Hi! I think you have misunderstood a bit. The drivers that are used for both of the cards were ati, so I am stucked with catalyst center and buggy drivers.

I will try out rapdishare, thanks for tipping me there, the pb is kinda slow.

I think the main problem here is the card, and I really hate ati right now... So, I will send this card back telling them that it failed and ask for a gtx.

Last edited:
Soloution!

After having these freezes for 5 months I was getting really tired of it, I had checked about evrything. But, there was one thing I had forgotten, the bios! My bios version was 1.3 from last year, the newest was 1.9 and I figured out that the mainboard mitght therefore not have supported my brand new graphic card therefor I flashed the bios with the update tool found on MSI homesite and now evrything works great! I am so happy !:):):)
Those of you still having problems, good luck!

Back
Top Bottom