Windows 7 Windows 7 Will Not Resume From Hibernation

nirikun

I have a Toshiba F40 Qosmio laptop. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 last week. The install went smoothly and I encountered no problems.

However, last night I accidentally set my computer to go to hibernation instead of shut down normally. It did so. I came back from getting some water and I restarted the computer, thinking it would resume quickly and without any issues.

Boy, was I wrong.

The computer has not restarted since. It merely shows the Qosmio start-up screen, then turns to a blank screen with a blinking line on the upper left-hand corner. It then remains that way until I shut it off.

I have perused multiple topics about this topic and have yet to find any workable solution.

-I cannot hard restart the computer. Merely touching the power button shuts the computer off and restarts the cycle.
-I cannot access my laptop's BIOS. Any attempt to do so results in the a furious beeping from the laptop before it resumes "loading" at the Qosmio start-up screen.
-My manufacturer recovery CD does not work. I have tried several times. Inserting the CD merely starts the cycle.
-Due to all of the above, I cannot update my drivers.

I do not want to have to purchase another computer or take this thing apart at great expense. I simply cannot afford that right now. If there's anything that can be done to aid me, I would greatly appreciate it.

I have a Toshiba F40 Qosmio laptop. I recently upgraded to Windows 7 last week. The install went smoothly and I encountered no problems.

However, last night I accidentally set my computer to go to hibernation instead of shut down normally. It did so. I came back from getting some water and I restarted the computer, thinking it would resume quickly and without any issues.

Boy, was I wrong.

The computer has not restarted since. It merely shows the Qosmio start-up screen, then turns to a blank screen with a blinking line on the upper left-hand corner. It then remains that way until I shut it off.

I have perused multiple topics about this topic and have yet to find any workable solution.

-I cannot hard restart the computer. Merely touching the power button shuts the computer off and restarts the cycle.
-I cannot access my laptop's BIOS. Any attempt to do so results in the a furious beeping from the laptop before it resumes "loading" at the Qosmio start-up screen.
-My manufacturer recovery CD does not work. I have tried several times. Inserting the CD merely starts the cycle.
-Due to all of the above, I cannot update my drivers.

I do not want to have to purchase another computer or take this thing apart at great expense. I simply cannot afford that right now. If there's anything that can be done to aid me, I would greatly appreciate it.
I'm having exactly the same problem, with my Toshiba Qosmio F45.my warranty has expired,and Toshiba support wants to charge me for phone support.the solution is simply,just get into the Bios.but how does one do that, on a Toshiba laptop?Nirikun,how did you resolve your problem??are there any Toshiba user's with a solution????

Uhmm....Have your try formatting and reinstalling yet? Might sound painful. But I think that would be my solution.

I, resolved the problem.:) I simply pull out the harddrive,and re-started the computer.it broke,what-ever power loop it was in.The computer, then ,re-configured itself,and started normally.:D

I seem to remember something a couple of weeks ago about this but I can't find it right now. It concerned this happening with computers that had other languages on them and some other stuff. There was supposed to be an update to correct.

I think they suggested using a repair disc or even the Windows Install disk to get the system to boot, or break the loop as Den mentions.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

Last edited:
Solved: Toshiba won't come back from hibernation

I ran into this exact problem with a customer's Toshiba Qosmio A45 this week. The quick fix is to power the computer down and then pull out the hard drive. Restart the computer with the hard drive uninstalled. Restart the computer and watch it try to boot from the network. Turn off the computer and re-install the hard drive. The computer will now quickly try to boot from the network then switch to properly resume from hibernation.

You can read my full entry on this Link Removed due to 404 Error.

Good luck.

/sch

Back