Windows 7 Wireless is not currently enabled

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Allen Smith, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Allen Smith

Allen Smith New Member

Sorry for the late response been really busy. I tried creating new user account but did not fix the issue.

2. Allen Smith

Allen Smith New Member

I'm thinking maybe the wireless card is bad but it shouldn't be because their PC is not that old. My old Compaq that I've had for like way too many years still works perfectly find on wireless and I've dropped it by accident on ground a few times so if my wireless still works their should too. They took really good care of computer and it never has been taken outside so no weather element exposure. I am really baffled if the wireless card is really bad already because the laptop is only a couple of years old.

3. Nabeela

Nabeela Member

I currently have the exact same problem and coincidentall i also have the same laptop, compaq CQ56

4. badrobot

badrobot Senior Member

I'm not sure if this problem is resolved already. But when you see an "X" next to the Wireless Network Connection icon. That means it is disabled. You have to right-click on it and choose "Enable". Then disable the other one that say "Local Area Connection".

5. duhochoasen

duhochoasen New Member

hahah, so good, thanks fix :)

6. Nabeela

Nabeela Member

I've tried downloading different drivers but nothing works. It seems like the whole wireless adapter just disappeared because my Bluetooth doesn't work anymore either. I need help.

7. pmjokes

pmjokes New Member

see if there is anyway to trouble shoot the issue, you should be able to right click the wireless adapter then click troubleshoot.

My wireless adapter used to randomly disable itself and the only thing that worked was to trouble shoot it, my system would discover the issue and re enable the adapter, even though I could not manually re enable it myself.