Windows 7 Windows 7 won't boot: 0xc0000034

arvs0z

Hello guys, as you know, I have encountered a problem with Windows 7

The scenario: There was some update for drivers (don't remember) it was successfully downloaded and installed. But after that, I made my system go to SLEEP (well in my case since it's a desktop, it's hybrid sleep) then I also decided to take a sleep. Instead of resuming windows and shutting it down properly, I directly pulled out the plug to turn it off. So i have no idea if the UPDATE or the SLEEP made this problem occur.

When I tried to boot up the next morning, It greeted me "morning" with a Windows Boot Manager Message

File: \Boot\BCD
Info: The Windows Boot Configuration Data file is missing required information

I made a clean install on my PC so I never messed up with anything related to MBRs, BCDs or whatever.
I know that if I have the windows 7 Recovery disc, I would be able to fix this without any hassle. But the problem is that I don't have the DVD or the reader either. I tried using neosmart's vista RE, burned the image to a cd but no go.

Now I'm only left out with a 1GB usb thumbdrive and one last CD-R Disc. Do you know how would I be able to fix this? thanks in advance!

If Windows won't start there are 3 magical commands that will usually repair the
bootmanager files to resolve partition problems. Boot from the install disk and
select "Repair your computer" and under the "System Recovery Options" go to the
"Command Propmpt" and type and enter these three commands:
Bootrec.exe /FixMbr
Bootrec.exe /FixBoot
Bootrec.exe /RebuildBcd

Hundreds more tips in my blogs here: Link Removed due to 404 Error

Back