Windows 7 won't boot using the same HDD on a second same model computer

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Installation' started by dim1962, Apr 28, 2014.

1. dim1962

dim1962 New Member

Hi,

I have a lot of 10 computers HP Prodesk 600.
    I installed Windows 7 on the first one, I created an Acronis image, but when I tried to restored, for some reasons doesn't work.
    Trying to identify the problem, I used the same HDD already installed, to boot on the second computer.
    The Windows started for 2 seconds and than the message "launch startup repair" appear.
    Selecting "launch startup repair" another message appear "Windows cannot repair the computer automatically"
    I mention that the windows 7 license is embedded.
    Can you please help?
    Thank You!

2. whs

whs Extraordinary Member

3. Saltgrass

Saltgrass Excellent Member
    Microsoft Community Contributor

Could you get us a picture of your Disk Management window and attach using the upload a file button?

I don't work in IT, but I thought most folks would use the Deployment process to install to multiple systems. A drive just being moved to another system will usually boot, if everything related to the Drive controller and/or bios is at least close. Which would require of course the bios to be set to use the AHCI SATA controller or whatever the original machine used.

But again, I have no experience with an "embedded" key and multiple installs.

4. dim1962

dim1962 New Member

Thank You!!!

Using the option "Generalize" in sysprep as WHS suggested, everything become compatible.

Thanks again!