Windows 7 Windows 7 won't boot!

ubuntu

I have tried multiple times, on multiple CDs, but every time I boot from the windows 7 CD, I see a blinking underscore on a black screen, I waited around a minute, then sopped. Please help!

Gateway MA7
1 gb ram
unreliable, probably damaged HDD

I have tried multiple times, on multiple CDs, but every time I boot from the windows 7 CD, I see a blinking underscore on a black screen, I waited around a minute, then sopped. Please help!

Gateway MA7
1 gb ram
unreliable, probably damaged HDD

have you tried another install disc such as vista or winxp ?

Well since the ISO for Windows 7 is too large for a CD.. perhaps the problem is you need to burn the image to a DVD... ;) I'd suggest re-burning the ISO to a DVD with a reliable program such as Nero... then make sure your BIOS is set to boot from your DVD drive first.. it should then boot and you'll be at the installation screen in no time.. :) The total install time varies based on hardware of course but it should take between 20 and 30 minutes if your doing a clean install..

id also suggest testing the iso you have downloaded in a virtual environment like vmware so you know it works before you begin and also get an idea of what behaviour to expect when you do a proper install.

Back