Windows 7 Windows 7 wont open on my computer. :/ help pleaseeeee!

dudelikewhoa

So I just got my old computer up and running. I haven't installed anything, except put files from my other computer on it so I can sell that one. Problem is, after two days of it working fine, it says windows 7 won't start. I have tried the system repair and the system restore, along with a memory diagnostics test (because it was saying the memory couldn't be read, but after the test was done it said there wasn't any problems) So I'm thinking it has something to do with the hard drive, maybe being internally damaged or something but I have no idea... I have left it turned off for a day and a half to see if that would work but it didn't. I still keep getting a blue screen about the memory that flashes for 5 secs then it starts up then restarts itself. So if anyone has any ideas or know of this problem and a solution please share, I would really like to get this fixed as soon as possible.

Hi

Have you tried booting into safe mode?

If you can't do that you will probably have to reinstall Windows.
It's hard to tell if it's a hardware issue, but if you can't get the Windows reinstall to complete then that may be it.

since it only takes about a half hour to reinstall Windows I would just go ahead and do it.

If you don't want to lose the data that's on the drive do a repair install and it will replace Windows but not overwrite the drive.

Repair Install - Windows 7 Forums

If you have installed Service Pack 1 and don't have a Windows disk that includes it you will have to remove it first.
Or just go ahead and do a complete reinstall.

How to uninstall Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Since you can't get into Windows you would have to use the Command Prompt answer.

Mike

Back