Windows 7 won't run my built-in webcam!

Lieu

I have a Dell inspiron 1525 laptop and when I had windows vista, the built-in webcam worked fine. After upgrading to Windows 7, however, I found that I can no longer run my built-in webcam. I've tried updating my driver software for it, but it says this:

And this screen pops up when I try to go to Laptop Integrated Webcam.

I like Windows 7 but I really used my built-in webcam a lot for sending recorded videos and pictures. The webcam works just fine when I use Windows live messenger/oovoo/etc. but I am not able to open it by itself without a 2nd party. :confused:
Any suggestions would be great!

reghakr

Essential Member
Dell you go directly to Dell's site?

OOOPPS,.

Sorry Mitchell

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
say what

Dell you go directly to Dell's site?

OOOPPS,.

Sorry Mitchell
Say what? you're not going insane on me are you?
That link goes straight to the inspiron 1525 vista drivers page

reghakr

Essential Member
An Inspiron is a Dell correct.

and you gave him the direct link.

Am I going senile

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
Am I violating some terms or am I just going senile? This rather confusing. LOL.

reghakr

Essential Member
Am I violating some terms
Where exctly did that come in?

Mitchell_A

Essential Member
We should stop having a pointless conversation on this buddies topic.;)

I had a similar problem with my soundcard when installing W7. W7 preinstalled the wrong drivers and told me the drivers installed are the best ones. Of course the drivers were for a totaly diferent soundcard. I uninstalled the drivers and got the new driver from my manufactors website. Wich I think you should do. Even the Vista drivers should be better than the drivers allready installed.

reghakr

Essential Member
Yes,.

Exactly

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.