Windows 8 Windows 8.1 Apps

JohnClay

My MSN News and MSN Sports apps were working OK, but recently when I run the app the Text size on the initial screen is the correct default size until I click any story, then then text size changes to smaller. I have tried right clicking the page and setting the text size bigger BUT it doesn't get bigger it only changes the gap between each line. How do I stop the text size getting smaller and get it back to what it should be?

Yes ctrl and + does nothing and ctrl and mouse wheel up doesn't change the text but moves the page to the right if ctrl up and left if ctrl down.

Once the app page appears the text is correct but when I click on a page and it opens then the page text goes smaller. I tried uninstalling the App then re-installing it and the same thing happens.

My MSN News and MSN Sports apps were working OK, but recently when I run the app the Text size on the initial screen is the correct default size until I click any story, then then text size changes to smaller. I have tried right clicking the page and setting the text size bigger BUT it doesn't get bigger it only changes the gap between each line. How do I stop the text size getting smaller and get it back to what it should be?
Have you tried running the apps troubleshooter?
https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/4027498/windows-run-the-troubleshooter-for-windows-apps

I ran the trouble shooter for windows apps - it didn't find anything wrong. I checked the app and the article page still goes to correct text initially then after a couple of seconds changes to small by itself. This happens on both MSN New and MSN Sports apps.

Try running these scans just in case you have some corruption:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

The other thing to consider is that you might be running something already which has this affect on these particular applications. Even a browser extension could have an adverse affect so it's worth checking. Do you have anything running which customises the desktop or similar in any way?

Back
Top Bottom