Windows 8 Windows 8.1 hangs at preparing automatic repair Toshiba Laptop

Supply

I have a Toshiba satellite laptop, and I had been having trouble with my laptop.When I load up my laptop it stuck at preparing automatic repair, and this is really getting annoying. I was wondering if anyone could help me thanks :)

Things I tried:
Using window 8 disc to fix, it doesn't work, when I load up the disc,it is just stuck at the window logo
Downgrading to window vista, it don't work, black screen after window vista loading
Trying to go into safe mode, don't work, because when I turn on my computer a bios password is set up

Last edited:
Using window 8 disc to fix, it doesn't work, when I load up the disc,it is just stuck at the window logo

You cann't install (i.e. use to repair) windows 8 over the top of 8.1... you can remove 8.1 (fully) then put 8 on instead which is in fact your best bet at this stage.

Downgrading to window vista, it don't work, black screen after window vista loading

vista is a legacy system and not compatable with the format your windows 8.1 harddrive uses... you can as above, remove 8.1 and replace with vista (yuck).

Trying to go into safe mode, don't work, because when I turn on my computer a bios password is set up

Safe mode is a feature of the operating system and not related to the bios... ime putting a bios password into any system is a very bad idea but that will not stop you entering safe mode.

Will the system boot up to windows desktop?
yes = fixable, no = time for a format... I assume there is no warrantee so suggest you take it to a shop and ask them to recover the factory reset or install a fresh windows 8.

Back