Windows 8 Windows 8.1 update stuck

Husanjon

Hi everyone. I'm currently using Windows 8.1 64bits. Yesterday Windows update itself without permission. And now it says 8 out of 25 installing and stuck for almost one day. I think i don't have enough space on my C drive. What should i have to do?

What makes you think you are out of space? If at least 10% of the volume ( C: ) is free, you should have no problem installing the updates. If this is not the case, something else is wrong. Do you have an error code associated with the failed updates? Best to delete or uninstall junk if you're out of space.

Please take a screenshot of your "this PC" and post it so we don't have to wonder.
eg;
Screenshot (108).png

I believe he said that he is setting at the "Installing Updates Screen" showing number 8 of 25 and it has been like that for "almost a day".
So he would need to do something to get to a point where he might examine his error logs or free space.

If there is no hard drive light activity, then you may try the old faithful Ctrl + Alt + Delete key combo and see if that produces anything.
If not then you are probably going to have to bite the bullet and shut'r'down and hope for the best.
I mean a day is a long time to wait for
What should i have to do?

Good point Trouble... he could put Ubuntu into the disc drive and use that to view the c drive but we need more info before we can fix this.

Back