Windows 8 Windows 8 Bsod's EVERY hour :( Seriously, every hour!! Help

cheti12

Hello everyone,
I have been suffering with win 8 ever since i upgraded from win 7. I get bsods every hour almost.

Crashes about 1 hour into use, every time i boot up. Error on bsod critical_process_died. After this, the computer automatically reboots and goes into a blue screen again without ever booting up fully, with error code saying a device couldnt be found. does not specify which device. error code 0xc000000e.

i manually turn off and restart at this point, and system boots in fine. This happens EVERY single time.

System config:
Windows is installed on its own C drive which is a 64gig ssd drive. 500gig hdd also on board. Regular setup, no raid or anything fancy. All possible drivers including mb chipset drivers are up to date as far as i can tell with win 8 versions.

Help please!!

SF file attached

Attachments

• SF_21-01-2013.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 685
Code:
*                        Bugcheck Analysis                                    *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck EF, {fffffa80130dc940, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+ad )

Followup: MachineOwner

The CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED bug check has a value of 0x000000EF. This indicates that a critical system process died.
This is caused either by hardware or drivers.

Please update your bios:
BiosVersion = F10
BiosReleaseDate = 10/12/2011
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = Z68X-UD3H-B3
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 (rev. 1.0)

Please update the following:

CLBStor CLBStor.sys Wed Oct 07 07:42:27 2009: A Cyberlink driver.

CyberLink Software Updates ? DVD Player Software and Video Editing Software Updates, and More

gdrv.sys Fri Mar 13 03:22:29 2009: gdrv.sys is a component of Dynamic Energy Saver Advanced. Please either update or remove until we find the culprit.

IntcDAud IntcDAud.sys Fri Oct 15 09:28:17 2010: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver

Intel Download Center

iaStor iaStor.sys Fri May 20 17:52:24 2011: Intel storage manager. Use the link above to update your chipset.

Rt630x64 Rt630x64.sys Wed Oct 19 13:12:55 2011: Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters

Realtek

If bsod's persist then post back with the latest dmp file.

Fixed it!!!!!

I was perplexed by the fact that this was happening every hour almost like clockwork. Did some digging around and found this -

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s with Data Transfer Kit CT256M4SSD2CCA

Look at second reviewer on amazon. Apparently there is a weird bug causes it to hang every 60 minutes once it goes past 5000 total hours of usage. downloaded firmware updater but it would not work properly. Then found out ssd had to be in ahci mode for it to be recognized properly by the updater. Had to tweak win 8 registry and then change bios setting to ahci and presto! firmware updated succesfully.

Went from BSOD every hour to 24 hr uptime no problems! - Thank you for looking into the data though :)

Fixed it!!!!!

I was perplexed by the fact that this was happening every hour almost like clockwork. Did some digging around and found this -

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Crucial m4 256GB 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SATA 6Gb/s with Data Transfer Kit CT256M4SSD2CCA

Look at second reviewer on amazon. Apparently there is a weird bug causes it to hang every 60 minutes once it goes past 5000 total hours of usage. downloaded firmware updater but it would not work properly. Then found out ssd had to be in ahci mode for it to be recognized properly by the updater. Had to tweak win 8 registry and then change bios setting to ahci and presto! firmware updated succesfully.

Went from BSOD every hour to 24 hr uptime no problems! - Thank you for looking into the data though :)
That's great! Much thanks for following up too as it always helps other users...

Back