Windows 8 Windows 8 freezes while streaming video

anand

Hi,
I am using Windows 8 Enterprise. I have two 2GB ram each with 667 FSB.
My system works fine until and unless I watch a video.
When I watch a video in YouTube or any hd video in vlc player(any player) it freezes and restarts.

Can anyone let me know how to solve this issue?

Thanks & regards,
Anand

What type of graphics card are you using? Is it the on-board or a separate add-on card such as Nvidia or AMD?

Hi,
I am using Windows 8 Enterprise. I have two 2GB ram each with 667 FSB.
My system works fine until and unless I watch a video.
When I watch a video in YouTube or any hd video in vlc player(any player) it freezes and restarts.

Can anyone let me know how to solve this issue?

Thanks & regards,
Anand

Did you update or do a clean install of win 8? Also are your drivers and bios the latest versions? If your using a laptop try going to the manufacturers website as they will provide the drivers. If your unsure where to go or what to download post the details of the machine and we'll have a look for you.

I made a clean install of windows 8. The mainboard what i'm using is Mercury PI945GCM The drivers what I got with mainboard cd are not compatible with windows 8.
Even I've downloaded video drivers from mercury website but no use.
Note: The processor is Intel Core 2 Duo 2.2 GHz

Hi,
When I ran the Windows 8 upgrade assistant it only shows
You can't install Windows on a USB flash drive with Setup.
I attached the snapshot of the message. But still the problem persists.

Note: The Disk Usage goes to 100% when freezes.

Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it actually say's your pc does not meet the requirements and you may have to upgrade your hardware. The trouble is that if your don't have back up driver support then your going to find it's a uphill struggle to run the os. The only other thing I would try personally is google for other users with the same hardware set up and see if they managed to get windows 8 running fine on their system.
You could always try running the drivers using compatibility mode but as i said above, it could be that your system is simply too old.

Hello anand,

In addition to the suggestions given, you may want to make sure that your Flash Player and Java are current.
Many people having the same issues, has been corrected by updating to the most current Java and Flash Player.
If in fact that it does not help, then kemical's last suggestion would be the way to go.

Don

Hi,
The issue could be your ram. 2 GB isnt enough for windows 8 to running smoothly and then trying to play a video will create problems. If this is a new problem then check if the ram is working proper. Visit this link for more info - My PC is hanging on some points. | Techyv.com

You can also try checking your display adapters and update their drivers

Hi,
The issue could be your ram. 2 GB isnt enough for windows 8 to running smoothly and then trying to play a video will create problems. If this is a new problem then check if the ram is working proper. Visit this link for more info - My PC is hanging on some points. | Techyv.com

You can also try checking your display adapters and update their drivers

Actually 2GB of RAM is fine, depending on what your doing of course but for everyday use then it's as required.

If you want to run Windows 8 on your PC, here's what it takes:

• Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with support for PAE, NX, and SSE2 (more info)
  • RAM: 1 gigabyte (GB) (32-bit) or 2 GB (64-bit)
  • Hard disk space: 16 GB (32-bit) or 20 GB (64-bit)
  • Graphics card: Microsoft DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM driver

Ref:

Windows 8 system requirements - Microsoft Windows

Back
Top Bottom