Windows 8 Windows 8, good concept, but not fully thought out! I need some help please!!

First off, from the moment I turned on my new PC I hated Windows 8! It's retarded. I got used to it's hard navigation and bullshit. Now the windows tiles don't work. The apps don't open anymore. IS THERE A WAY TO GO BACK TO WINDOWS 7?!!?!

First off, from the moment I turned on my new PC I hated Windows 8! It's retarded. I got used to it's hard navigation and bullshit. Now the windows tiles don't work. The apps don't open anymore. IS THERE A WAY TO GO BACK TO WINDOWS 7?!!?!

Do you have a Windows 7 disk?

I am offended by the language in this thread. A person can express displeasure at a product without resorting to vulgar language.

If you really wanted help, please ask nicely.

kemical has taken the sting out, by a straightforward reply, medic. But his first sentence sums it up. he hasn't even tried it, in fact.

Maybe a moderator can remove that vile signature, though.

You are going continue to see a lot of posts like this. Lower end users are clueless that they have to relearn how to use Windows. Yes there are work arounds but they don't help the clueless new users when they first startup. It's pretty bad to have to do a net search to find out how to shutdown. Some you you that are such strong supporters now should go back and see what you thought last year when you first tried Windows 8.
Joe

I am one who when I first tried Windows 8 was totally lost at the beginning. One thing that I did was take the time and play with it for a while and will say I actually like it. Many prefer to use the third party start button. I have went back to the original 8 start screen. I find it easy to use. I think to many give up on it rather than try to see what it is all about. I am impressed with windows 8 and my own personal feelings is I love it. I do have somewhat of a problem when they come on and state they hate it without giving it a fair shot. Windows 8 may not be for everybody but at least give it a shot if you have it.

I see nothing has changed with the original post, including nothing heard from the original OP. I believe this shows how much nonsense this whole thread has become. This whole thread should be deleted as it provides nothing substantive to the forum.

From a former IT worker I can say that if ANY user has major difficulties with a new product then that product is a failure on purpose.
K.I.S.S. is something every product should want to be.
But what happened with Windows 8:
1. No help screen to explain.
2. No familiar UI to get started learning.
3. No way to escape Metro that makes sense.
4. Forcing Tablet UI after 40 years of PC\'s with no explanations.

Actually not to expect responses like this would be silly.
All well deserved Microsoft and not shocking at all.

Back