I need some help please. Firstly, I am trying to get a Google shortcut on my desk top, I do not want

Non active google.png Google tool bar missing.png Non active google.png Google tool bar missing.png I am trying to get an active Google shortcut on my desk top without success. I do not want Google Chrome.

Secondly, if I open Google via IE, I cannot get the Google tool bar. Can someone please put me on the right track??

Please see the attached screen shots

go to file top left. scroll down to Send get shotcut there

Extraordinary Member
Premium Supporter
Try this http://www.pcworld.com/article/249158/how_to_change_your_browsers_default_search_engine.html Having done this, close IE, and restart it. Left click the "magnifier glass" = "search" in the address bar, you should see Google as an option.

To have an exclusive Google Search shortcut would probably need some coding or something, perhaps a bat. file, don't know, goes beyond me.

To have direct Internet shortcuts on Desktop isn't really advisable. They may cause many troubles. I wouldn't recommend it. And besides, a Google Search shortcut won't help you, unless you have a browser running; connecting the shortcut to, say, IE would mean IE starts... we go towards reverse engineering which is a very bad thing, and illegal. Not sure about it all, but safer to stay within IE, if that's your choice for a Browser.

Last edited:
This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.