I need some help please. Firstly, I am trying to get a Google shortcut on my desk top, I do not want

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Help and Support' started by Ron Binmore, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Ron Binmore

Ron Binmore Active Member

Non active google. Google tool bar missing. Non active google. Google tool bar missing. I am trying to get an active Google shortcut on my desk top without success. I do not want Google Chrome.

Secondly, if I open Google via IE, I cannot get the Google tool bar. Can someone please put me on the right track??

Please see the attached screen shots

2. rkfjr

rkfjr Well-Known Member

go to file top left. scroll down to Send get shotcut there

3. Pauli

Pauli Extraordinary Member
    Premium Supporter

Try this http://www.pcworld.com/article/249158/how_to_change_your_browsers_default_search_engine.html Having done this, close IE, and restart it. Left click the "magnifier glass" = "search" in the address bar, you should see Google as an option.

To have an exclusive Google Search shortcut would probably need some coding or something, perhaps a bat. file, don't know, goes beyond me.

To have direct Internet shortcuts on Desktop isn't really advisable. They may cause many troubles. I wouldn't recommend it. And besides, a Google Search shortcut won't help you, unless you have a browser running; connecting the shortcut to, say, IE would mean IE starts... we go towards reverse engineering which is a very bad thing, and illegal. Not sure about it all, but safer to stay within IE, if that's your choice for a Browser.

#3 Pauli, Mar 1, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2015