Windows 7 Windows Azure... ?

Mike

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Besides the fact that Windows 7 is internally going to be Windows 6.1, here's another slice of information that has probably had some people typing "wtf" and repeatedly banging their head on a desk:

Azure: Can Microsoft Meld Windows with the Web? - BusinessWeek

Yes according to news reports and Microsoft's announcement at the PDC, not only will Microsoft release Windows 7, but also a new OS called Windows Azure which makes use of the new industry buzzword, "cloud computing".

What is cloud computing? It's when a software application connects to the Internet as a thin client. Think web-based e-mail or the game Spore. How will the entire operating system rely on cloud computing? Hosted services from Microsoft and third-party vendors, probably with a monthly fee for extended services.

Will this Windows Azure confuse customers when Windows 7 is on the horizon? Personally I think that answer will be a resounding yes. (Although some of you may have a difference of opinion and it is too early to judge this new development)

I think they should have dropped window from the name, and just called it Microsoft Azure.

See I was right that it would confuse people :)

Back