Windows 10 Windows Bug on Hard Drive

Ricardo Silva

Hi my name is Ricardo and I recently bought my computer with w10 and everything but as 1 month ago my pc started to slow down and I researched several possible solutions and I ended up finding out that it could be a windows bug, so far I have not found nothing that would solve it. I try to do the error check on the secondary disk that is where the problem occurs and does not report anything, I already went to the task manager and the secondary disk is always 0% which can not be 100% disk problem. I do not know what to do because the disk is making my computer slow and nothing I saw online is working, I tried to format the disk and even the computer but nothing solves it.

That sounds like a failing hard drive. Open an elevated command prompt and do a chkdsk c: /R

That sounds like a failing hard drive. Open an elevated command prompt and do a chkdsk c: /R
I made it and showed this

Attachments

• Capturar.PNG
    Capturar.PNG
    24.5 KB · Views: 278
Hi my name is Ricardo and I recently bought my computer with w10 and everything but as 1 month ago my pc started to slow down and I researched several possible solutions and I ended up finding out that it could be a windows bug

Not necessarily. It can be a worm, a virus, bad driver, bad system configuration, the disk might need cleaning or defragmentation, there are several possibilities.

Please press Ctrl-Alt-Delete (without any other application launched) and select Task Manager. Identify the processes that use most of the Memory and CPU and let me know. Maybe it is related to a Windows process/service.

Last edited:
[QUOTE = "livix07, postagem: 714651, membro: 102257"] Não necessariamente . Pode ser um worm, um vírus, um driver ruim, uma configuração ruim do sistema, o disco pode precisar de limpeza ou desfragmentação, existem várias possibilidades.

Por favor, pressione Ctrl-Alt-Delete (sem qualquer outro aplicativo lançado) e selecione Gerenciador de Tarefas . Identifique os processos que usam a maior parte da memória e CPU e me avise. Talvez esteja relacionado a um processo / serviço do Windows. [/ QUOTE]

In my case I can not say because the problem occurs on the secondary disk but what appears is this

Attachments

• Capturar2.PNG
    Capturar2.PNG
    31.8 KB · Views: 261
  • Capturar3.PNG
    Capturar3.PNG
    46.1 KB · Views: 253
The second chkdsk D: /R. I do not know why but it took a lot of time to check for errors with chkdsk D: / R while on the disk where windows is installed it was pretty fast despite being an SSD

SSDs are faster than HDDs (that is normal).

In your first message you wrote:
I try to do the error check on the secondary disk that is where the problem occurs and does not report anything...

Is Windows installed on the secondary disk or on the disk drive that does not have any problem? Please clarify that.

Last edited:
SSDs are faster than HDDs (that is normal).

In your first message you wrote:

Is Windows installed on the secondary disk or on the disk drive that does not have any problem? Please clarify that.

Windows is installed on the SSD because it is the fastest, however what is in trouble is the HD.

I would run a DFT (drive fitness test) on the drive if you haven't yet. You can use tools such as spinrite, seatools or even speedfan

What happens if you physically disconnect the HDD? Does Windows run faster?
Can you try it?
I already turned off however the windows does not get faster, it just gets normal. When I try to install something on the HDD or it takes a long time to install or after it is installed it takes time to load the program.

I already turned off however the windows does not get faster, it just gets normal. When I try to install something on the HDD or it takes a long time to install or after it is installed it takes time to load the program.

That is what I meant. So, the problem has only to do with the secondary disk. Maybe it's time to save everything you have on that disk and replace it with a SSD (if you really need 2 disks). Here is a good video tutorial about SSD:

Do you use 2 disk drives because you need RAID?

Last edited:
That is what I meant. So, the problem has only to do with the secondary disk. Maybe it's time to save everything you have on that disk and replace it with a SSD (if you really need 2 disks). Here is a good video tutorial about SSD:

Do you use 2 disk drives because you need RAID?

So there is no arrangement? Does it have to be a new one?

So there is no arrangement? Does it have to be a new one?

Symptoms point to a hardware problem.
There are two more things you can try (from my point of view):
1) Run Windows in Safe Mode and see if there is a difference. Follow the instructions:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

2) Do you have a Linux live-CD/DVD? You can run it on your computer without installing it and see if you get some warning about your HDD (physically disconnect the SSD before you run the live-CD/DVD so that only the HDD is connected to the motherboard). There are utilities in Linux too that you can use to analyze your HDD. Let me know if you don't know how to prepare and use a Linux live-CD/DVD.

Otherwise, you can go to a PC repairs shop and ask them if they can repair your HDD.

Last edited:
Symptoms point to a hardware problem.
There are two more things you can try (from my point of view):
1) Run Windows in Safe Mode and see if there is a difference. Follow the instructions:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

2) Do you have a Linux live-CD/DVD? You can run it on your computer without installing it and see if you get some warning about your HDD (physically disconnect the SSD before you run the live-CD/DVD so that only the HDD is connected to the motherboard). There are utilities in Linux too that you can use to analyze your HDD. Let me know if you don't know how to prepare and use a Linux live-CD/DVD.

Otherwise, you can go to a PC repairs shop and ask them if they can repair your HDD.
ok thanks

Back