Windows Calendar Replacement with Notification Other than Email

I do not understand MS making Vista's Windows Calendar unavailable in Windows7. Live only provides for an email notification, where Windows Calendar reminded me at various time/date setable stages (eg. weeks to hours) with pop-up notifications on my desktop, as I do not continuously keep mail on my desktop and do not check my email continuously. I require various setable time/date notifications to pop-up on my desktop (eg. "in an hour I need to get ready for my doctor's appointment"). I don't wish to have my telephone wake-up service to do the job my Vista Windows Calendar used to do and I do not wish to have to revert to Windows Vista to obtain what I used to have. Some Windows7 programmer got ahead of him/herself and took away a useful tool and I want it back! Is there a method for installing Vista's Windows Calendar on Windows7 and retain the pop-up notifications, or is there another program (even at a charge) available the provides setable time/day/week pop-up notifications on the desktop?

Thanks Elmer. I have tried one of these before (not your link), but the reminders did not pop-up. John

Elmer: When I installed from your link, no desk-top pop-up reminder appeared after setting a reminder and closing the calendar; However, when I set the reminder and minimized the calendar onto the taskbar, a reminder popped up on the desktop, as in Windows Vista. Therefore, unlike Vista where a pop-up reminder appeared even while the calendar was shut down, the calendar must remain open (minimized is OK) in Windows 7. Thanks for the link.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.