Windows 8 Windows Driver - Installing on a Fresh SSD

finalbarrage

I just got a new SSD and i made a bootable flashdrive with windows 8.1, but when i try to install windows (didnt work on the current harddrive either) it sais that its lacking essential drivers. witch drivers could this be? computer hardware drivers? the SSD drivers? some other basic drivers that is nessasary for the OS itself?

Hmmm, just a longshot here but are you plugging that bootable USB into a USB 3.0 port? If so try changing ports to hit a USB 2.0 or 1.0 port, I've seen cases where some USB 3 drivers are not seen by Win8 therefore it starts the setup but then somehow can't interface the flash drive correctly to do the install (yeah I know lame). Your SSD drive should not need any drivers (unless you've attached it to a non-standard SATA port, such as a RAID controller). Also, I would make sure your BIOS is set to AHCI for the controller the SSD is on (if you're using an onboard SATA port). You should go to your motherboard manufacturer's website and find the Win 8 driver for your motherboards SATA controller and copy it to your flash drive, this way you can browse to it during installation and install it, this may remedy the problem of setup not being able to see your SSD if it's attached to a SATA port on your motherboard.

Back