Windows 8 Windows DVD maker

Peterr

Fantastic Member
Hello
I just noticed that this is missing from Win 7 and no longer exists in 8 or 8.1.
I use another program anyway but was curious as to why.
To your knowledge is there any other program MS omitted when it went to 8 and 8.1 from 7?
I guess I am only finding these surprises when I either incidentally read about them or need one that is not there.
I lost my Blue tooth moving up but the advisor told me I would.
Thank you

Hello
I just noticed that this is missing from Win 7 and no longer exists in 8 or 8.1.
I use another program anyway but was curious as to why.
To your knowledge is there any other program MS omitted when it went to 8 and 8.1 from 7?
I guess I am only finding these surprises when I either incidentally read about them or need one that is not there.
I lost my Blue tooth moving up but the advisor told me I would.
Thank you
Hello

Microsoft did not give any replacement for Windows DVD Maker as of yet, and it does appear it never will. The reasons are yet unknown why they decided to do so. However if you do wish to create your own movies, Windows Movie Maker still does exists (Live Movie Maker).

About the Bluetooth, you could always try to look on the website of your computer manufacturer for newer drivers which might perhaps give you the possibility of using Bluetooth again.

Hope it helps :)
Yuri

I do have Windows Movie maker which I think is part of Essentials.
I was beginning to learn how to rip from my movie dvds that only play on the pc and put them in my hard drive so I could then create a TV dvd. I hope this program offers some help doing that.

I have tried everything about Bluetooth to no avail. Dell recognizes my pc as having Win 7 which the pc came with and I have 8.1.

I got spoiled with 8.1 but never should have left 7 so I would have none of these conflicts and 7 is so much easier for my wife. I have images of all the OS's 7,8 and 8.1 and tried 7 but it was so sow and I could not get used to it. I have traded off and can't have it both ways.

Back