Windows 8 Windows Explorer Views

sparker366

I have been fighting a never ending battle in both 7 and 8 to make all my folders and libraries to view in details view and not any other view. I have set all folders on all my drives set to General Type. I had it do this for all sub folders.

At least 2x's a day I will open a folder that I have used before and it opens up in another view. This is getting annoying. I only want to view my folders in Details view nothing else.

Is there something I can do to make it stick? I would like a registry hack or something to tell Windows to not change my view settings.

While browsing folders in the Computer folder, you can apply the current view setting to all folders on your computer that are optimized for the same content as the folder you have open.
  1. Open a folder, click the arrow next to the Views button on the toolbar, and choose a view setting.
  2. On the toolbar, click Organize, and then click Folder and search options.
  3. In the Folder Options dialog box, click the View tab, click Apply to Folders, click Yes, and then click OK.

If this does not stay then something is wrong and the view is being reset.

H.

i have tried the option that has been suggested due to which the trouble has been caused .. but will consider it to be applied and going to keep your supportive post with me for the future reference if i get into the same app drawback...

Back
Top Bottom