Windows 10 Windows Firewall keeps asking for permissions

I have deleted some keys with the path B:0 in it in the registry. I'm gonna reboot and see what happens...

Seems fine:

Code:
PATH=c:\programdata\oracle\java\javapath;
c:\program files (x86)\intel\icls client\;
c:\program files\intel\icls client\;
c:\windows\system32;c:\windows;
c:\windows\system32\wbem;
c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\;
c:\program files (x86)\windows live\shared;
h:\extreme devil files\programas\programas ediciĂłn videos\ffmpeg\ffmpeg-20160225-git-666e2ed-win64-static\bin;c:\windows\system32;
c:\windows;c:\windows\system32\wbem;c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0\;
c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel(r) management engine components\dal;
c:\program files\intel\intel(r) management engine components\dal;
c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel(r) management engine components\ipt;
c:\program files\intel\intel(r) management engine components\ipt;
c:\program files\ansicon (portable)\x64;h:\extreme devil files\programas;
h:\program files\android sdk (portable)\tools;
h:\program files\android sdk (portable)\platform-tools;
h:\cygwin64\bin;
c:\program files (x86)\skype\phone\;
C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;
C:\Users\Sobrado\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps

I am about at the end but there ar a few more general scans (thanks to Kemical):

File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

If you don't have done it, try it..

Yes, I did it, founds nothing. I have edited the rules in WF and changed B:0 by C: but then again when I open an app it ask me again with the weird B:0 path :S

Check this out: I changed my B drive to X, and now WF is disabled by default, because my ESET AV manages system firewall.

What the heck?

I know right??? But it seems that with a B drive that behaviour is broken?? It doesn't make much sense, but I'm gonna try another PC and check if the behaviour is the same, in any case, the workarund is stop using B as a drive, although I don't like the solution...

I'll post back :)

You may want to run procmon with a PATH filter for emule.exe and see what it comes up with.

If I change my B drive to A now the paths are A:0 :S

But without drive on A or B, WF disables because of ESET Firewall. For some reason, either ESET firewall is not really up when drives are on A or B, or maybe WF becomes buggy and can't fully detect ESET when those drives are on.

Any clues?

EDIT

Putting other drive in B instead of the current one makes the problem disappear. So maybe the problem is the HDD itself? I'm gonna format it and see what happens.

Last edited:
Try changing the letter to something other than A or B since both of these have historically been for floppy.

I figured it out. The HDD i was ussing for B drive was on SATA 0, so it was disk 0 on Windows, and C drive was disk 4 (yes, I have several HDD hehe). I changed the cables so now B is disk 4 and C is disk 0 and now it boots correctly, I mean, WF is no longer up, ESET takes the place.

What I fail to understand is the relation between firewalls and C not being the first physical disk, or maybe the problem was having a B drive on disk 0.

Is Windows that weird sometimes??

Back
Top Bottom