Windows Firewall rules for NOD32 Antivirus to can update

xmtx

Hi,

Does anyone know please what rules should be created in Windows Firewall in order for NOD32 Antivirus to update, considering that intentionally, manually all outbound traffic is blocked, and all the rules should be created manually.

Thank you.

Node Management - Adobe seems to have a high priority order. As a suggestion - Work with ADOBE. The Platform you have may also determine your current NOD or new ones, like an adobe installation.

I would recommend REMOVING the ESET NOD AV from your computer and replacing with Avast, Norton, or TrendMicro. There have been at least 8 instances of the NEMUCOD Ransomware locking up people's computers with file encryption and demanding money to unlock it!! o_O ESET does not have any response to this new virus, and no antidote available seemingly to stop it. I spent 4 weeks unlocking a Customer's computer with ESET NOD running and he had all of their updates. Until they can respond to or fix this very bad problem, I would recommend you change to another AV.

FYI.
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

Node Management - Adobe seems to have a high priority order. As a suggestion - Work with ADOBE. The Platform you have may also determine your current NOD or new ones, like an adobe installation.

Installed Registry entries, like ESET antivirus, don't fail, causing firewall errors. Maybe, the ESET company needs to recommend an un-install.

Good point, Randy. If the ESET won't update, it could be that there is something else wrong with the computer it's on--I have several customers running ESET, and when it's working normally it will AUTOMATICALLY update without having to generate a bunch of rules for inbound and outbound traffic on the firewall. Could be Windows is corrupted. OP can try to uninstall ESET and reinstall. If that fails, it might require a full W10 drive wipe and reinstall. If that also fails, it could be a faulty hard drive. If OP upgraded to W10 from an earlier version of Windows; his computer could be 10 years old or so (I have multiple machines running W10 on 2006 hardware); and the hard drives in computer that old are often failing or have failed. A Hard Drive replacement and fresh W10 Clean Install should solve the ESET problem. If not, as I said, it's time to switch his AV to something else.:insanity:

<<<BBJ>>>

ESET should only need ports 80 and 443 to receive updates. A lot of their servers are not in the US so if you have any kind of country blocking then that may be the issue.

Back
Top Bottom