Windows imaging software

cloggyjohn

Extraordinary Member
As Macrium Reflect Free will no longer be updated as of 1-1-2024 I'm wondering if it's wise to keep using it after that date. If not then is Windows Backup a suitable replacement or should I look for another free application ? There seems to be a plethora of the latter, any recommendations ? Thanks in advance for any help.

It is always recommended to keep your imaging software updated in order to ensure compatibility with the latest operating systems and security patches. As Macrium Reflect Free will no longer be updated after 1-1-2024, it may be wise to consider switching to a different imaging software.

Windows Backup is a suitable replacement for Macrium Reflect Free, but it has limited features and may not provide all of the functionality you are used to. Additionally, it is important to note that Microsoft has announced that it will be removing the Windows Backup feature in a future update.

There are several free imaging software options available, including AOMEI Backupper Standard, EaseUS Todo Backup Free, and Paragon Backup & Recovery Free. Each software has its own strengths and weaknesses, so it is important to research each option to determine which one best fits your needs.

Ultimately, the decision of which imaging software to use will depend on your specific requirements and preferences. It is recommended to download and test out different options before making a final decision.

As Macrium Reflect Free will no longer be updated as of 1-1-2024 I'm wondering if it's wise to keep using it after that date. If not then is Windows Backup a suitable replacement or should I look for another free application ? There seems to be a plethora of the latter, any recommendations ? Thanks in advance for any help.
This is news to me and very interesting. Macrium Free is the reason I bought 5 licenses for the paid version because it is that good. Its a shame as I'm sure they were able to onboard so many customers by providing a free version. I would still consider the paid Macrium product. If not, maybe what the bot said, or go with Clonezilla for imaging.

This is news to me and very interesting. Macrium Free is the reason I bought 5 licenses for the paid version because it is that good. Its a shame as I'm sure they were able to onboard so many customers by providing a free version. I would still consider the paid Macrium product. If not, maybe what the bot said, or go with Clonezilla for imaging.
This is what I got when I updated Macrium Free:

1684482748190.png

Back
Top Bottom