Windows 7 Windows in Windows 7 dosen't open maximized anymore

rlucas

I lost my windows opening maximized. Now it only opens minimaized and I have to enlarge it. What did I change to cause this? I read post from a few years back and still can get the window to open maximized. Thanks

Hello rlucas,

If you're launching this program from a shortcut, your best bet is to right click the shortcut then select Properties... from the context menu. On the Properties page, you'll see a parameter named "Run:". Make sure that "Maximized" is selected from the drop-down menu.

I did the properties thing, I have several tabs to choose from, but can't find a Run command? Thanks

OK I figured out what you were saying. When I right clicked on IE icon on the lower left side of window and then clicked properties I set it to run maxzmized. Put when I click on one of my icon to open them they open minamized. I click the maximized button to bring it up to full screen. But when I click on the X in the upper right to close it and then click on desktop icon to reopen it is minamized again. Those icons on desktop all used to open maxamized. Can I bring that back? Thanks

I figured out how to get the desktop iconx to open up maximized. The way you said opens a new webpage maximized but not the icons allready on desktop. I opened computer and then desktop. All my desktop icons are visible, but when you open them they open minimized.So open them up and click on the maximized button in the top right corner next to the X button. After they are maximized save them and click to install on desktop as a shortcut. Thanks for the help
Hello rlucas,

If you're launching this program from a shortcut, your best bet is to right click the shortcut then select Properties... from the context menu. On the Properties page, you'll see a parameter named "Run:". Make sure that "Maximized" is selected from the drop-down menu.

Back
Top Bottom