Windows 10 windows live mail problems in widows 10

ironfighter

my live mail e-mails are not being delivered to my PC. before Christmas E-mail from Outlook upgrade for live mail needed or service would cease uploaded 'fix' all ok until yesterday E-mails not delivered used repair function in Progs Uninstall/change selected repair it ran said fixed no change solution please

You are using Live Mail and not the W10 Mail App?
If you are using Live Mail you need to update to Live Mail 2012; the 2011 version is not any longer supported.

If you are using Live Mail you need to update to Live Mail 2012; the 2011 version is not any longer supported.
Hi that is what the 'fix' Outlook's E-mail sent & I downloaded so do I need to uninstall 2011 & install 2012 or can I just install 2012 & it will update my 2011

Have checked my Live mail is 2012 version but down loaded & installed again in case helped still same E-mails not reaching my PC just says no messages

Uninstall it and reinstall - Do NOT use the fix. It is not for Windows 10 see here:
Windows Live Mail fails to start up correctly
1st try was just install 2012 not uninstall 2011 but tried uninstall 2011 install 2012 & wow !!!! it works puzzle is why did Outlook send the 'fix' if it wasn't for Windows 10 should have said uninstall 2011 install 2012 simple enough would have saved a lot of hassle. Many thanks to all who have offered help. Great to know help is out there for 'non techies'

Well, they did in fact. It was hidden in the descriptions in the download site. (Who reads those! We trust MS(don't we?))

It stated specifically not for Windows 10 and also, quote, "If you're currently using Windows Live Mail on Windows 10 and you install this patch, Live Mail stops working."

Exactly 'hidden' did it say what Windows 10 users should do?? as I didn't see the description. Luckily for 'non techies' most downloads ask what version of Windows you are running up front so you can make sure the download is for you. So at least will in future check instead of just clicking on link & hitting download. I expect I am not the only one caught out !!!

You are among hundreds!

I think it may have been yet another interoffice error. On joining this thread, I had a quick browse. It seems, at first glance, that everything relating to this "Fix" has been withdrawn.

Back