Windows 7 Windows &/Mail/Crash/Cant Delete Facebook Notifications

fawnfoto

I Have windows 7 , service Pack 1, Dell XPS Intell Core i7
A month ago , I started seeing Live Mail Cashes that only seem to be happening with Facebook Notifications.
I Simply cannot Open Anything Facebook without a Full Major Crash. I click on the E mail and The System freezes, Then I Must Shut down, and If I Choose To restore The Last View, The system will simply crash again.
Now I had to Go through me E mails and Flag the Ones Crashing me, because I Cannot Delete them. Even Now If My Mouse Touches them I crash. It is a big problem, I receive Facebook Notifications all the time. I had to change my viewing options to stop the Crashing. Now I must click On the E mail to View Contents.
I just Delete ,The New Facebook E mails Coming In . I have searched all Over the net , I see Some Cements about reinstalling Mail, But I also See That is not working for Folks. Has anyone seen a Fix for this < I Have been Dealing with this for over a Month Now, SOoooooOO Tired of it
That is why I Joined this Forum, Hoping to Find an answer to this PROBLEM. Yikes
Kathleen

This sounds like something something in a Facebook type forum would know more about, but there are probably several folks here that use it.

If you can't delete something, you might try changing the name or extension to see if it will delete. I suppose there is a possibility of a virus getting in through the social media avenue, but don't know for sure.

If no one shows up that might be more familiar, I will try to set up Facebook tomorrow to check how it works. But until then, is it something you can try uninstalling and reinstall? Is there anything that might be running that could interact with the Facebook Notifications and cause the problem?

When you say crash, what do you mean, the system freezes or you get a Blue Screen?

This sounds like something something in a Facebook type forum would know more about, but there are probably several folks here that use it.

If you can't delete something, you might try changing the name or extension to see if it will delete. I suppose there is a possibility of a virus getting in through the social media avenue, but don't know for sure.

If no one shows up that might be more familiar, I will try to set up Facebook tomorrow to check how it works. But until then, is it something you can try uninstalling and reinstall? Is there anything that might be running that could interact with the Facebook Notifications and cause the problem?

When you say crash, what do you mean, the system freezes or you get a Blue Screen?
Hi There, Thanks for Helping
This is Crash, No Blue screen, Just System cannot respond and Must Close,
Freeze for sure. I googled it and Many Other people are finding and experiencing the same Problem. I’m just sick Of it.
Im Not sure where the Actual File is So changing The Extension isn’t going to Work Until I Find the windows Mail that is Currently in the Folder,
This Is Awful,
Thanks for the Help
Kathleen

Seems your problem is fairly well know in the Facebook community and it not related to Windows Live Mail or maybe even Windows 7.

It looks like the Facebook notification is trying to link back to something that is causing the crash. Some suggestions were an audio file that was supposed to play when you open the mail. One person suggested it was linked to a file that might be on your system named aac_parser.ax. Which may be a hidden/system file, but since I do not seem to have it, I cannot tell.

For now, could you go to the Start Menu, All Programs, Default Programs. Select "Associate a file type or protocol...." and check to see what association is showing for the .aac and .ax file extensions. Do you have iTunes installed?

A temporary workaround might be to set your mail program to read all mail in plain text to keep any html code from running.

There may be a firewall or anti-virus issue that is blocking a component of the notifications causing the problem.

Why doing a mouse over the notification would cause a freeze, not really sure. But have you checked the Event Viewer to see if anything looks related. Make sure and check the time when it freezes so you can verify a message could be related.

The thread I got some of this info from is here.

Edit: If you were to have the file mentioned, we might consider later registering it to see if that helps. Perhaps someone else would have a recommendation, but Link Removed due to 404 Error we could use later if you decide to try.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom