Windows 7 Windows Media Center problem

jtpcamp

Extraordinary Member
I have a Windows 7 Pro X 64 computer. Several years ago I bought a Ceton Infinity 4 pci card. When I ran the Digital Cable Advisor it told me I needed to upgrade my video card to support digital cable, and I bought a AMD Radeon HD 6770 card which I have used successfully for years.
Last week I reinstalled Windows and when I tried to set up WMC I was told the my Computer was not Digital Cable ready. When I ran the Digital Cable Advisor it tells me my computer now fails due the the video card or driver does not support content protection. I have updated to the latest driver from the AMD website but that does not help. .
Two weeks ago 'with the same hardware' and more software installed than now it worked normally. Why will it not work now with less installed software and nothing new installed? DCA.png

Pauli,
I did discover that. After I installed and ran it it told me my video card/driver did not support content protection. After extensive testing I discovered that if I unplugged my HDMI cable to my TV it passed but plugged in it did not. But even after that it still would not download the TV Setup Data. But I was able to watch and record 'digital TV' perfectly but HD TV still had no voice and watching any cable TV channel was completely normal. So I continued testing and talked to a computer repair tech who thought my video card might be the problem. While talking to him he mentioned that it might be a setting in my video or sound software. That evening I checked my Realtek Audio settings and found that the setting for my speakers was set on Quadrophonic and I have 3 speakers (2 tweeters and a woffer) so I changed the setting to Stereo and have since been able to record any channel normally. Problem solved!! Who would have thought something so simple could cause such a problem.

I don't see any way to mark this thread solved but it is solved. Thanks for helping..

Back