Windows 7 Windows Media Player 12 fail

JawnIAm

I have an extensive library of music that I have backed up on my computer. I've been using Windows Media Player for several years and never had a problem. For some reason within the last week WMP erased all the music file information. I have almost 10,000 songs with no artist, album, or any information. All just the titles of songs!

I have an extensive library of music that I have backed up on my computer. I've been using Windows Media Player for several years and never had a problem. For some reason within the last week WMP erased all the music file information. I have almost 10,000 songs with no artist, album, or any information. All just the titles of songs!
yeah, but do you have all 10,000 songs backed up somewhere safe? that is the question.

Uh well if wmp players them they are saved somewhere. Check my music. WMP may be broke but the music files could work. Try saving them to a usb drive and trying them on a different pc. Because WMP can't play them without them being saved on your pc somewhere.

Uh well if wmp players them they are saved somewhere. Check my music. WMP may be broke but the music files could work. Try saving them to a usb drive and trying them on a different pc. Because WMP can't play them without them being saved on your pc somewhere.

WMP can actually play files without them being saved on the HDD.. You simply put the disc in your optical drive than play them off of it.. ;) It's not a very efficient way of doing things but it can be done.. :)

Now it's like any freakin audio file that finds its way onto my computer gets its file info deleted! I have no more music with artist, album, or ANYTHING! Has no one had this problem? I only use Windows Media Player 12.

Back