Windows 7 Windows Media Player 12 Not working :(

Kash2Smash

Hey guys,

Recently my wmp12 which came with win 7 is not working. i dont know what happened. if i click on a audio file which used to work with wmp12, i get this:

Untitled-6.png

no matter how much i click on wmp12, it doesnt respond. i switched the feature off/on and even did a system restore, but it still doesnt work. maybe i could have accidently deleted a file from the c drive regarding the wmp, but i am not so sure about it.

guys, is there any solution to this player?

thank you.

Hey guys,
maybe i could have accidentally deleted a file from the c drive regarding the wmp, but i am not so sure about it.
This sounds like you did delete something but don't want to admit it :).

If so, have your checked the recycle bin? Maybe a file can be restored.

If that doesn't work, perhaps you could open an administrative command window and type sfc /scannow to check your system files.

You might try clicking on a basic sound file, like some of the samples in case WMP is trying to open a corrupt or unavailable file automatically when it opens.

If that doesn't work, you might try removing Media player using the Programs and Features panel in Control Panel and the Turn Windows Features on and off.

hahahaha if i would have deleted something deliberately then i would have restored it :p but i guess i did do something as i remember messing around with wmp folder, but it cannot be restored. what is the command window? is it like run?

Or you can open the Start Menu, Accessories, Command Prompt and right click and select Run as Admin.

Back
Top Bottom