Windows 7 Windows Media Player problems

ATL Powder

Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 7 from Vista on my PC. I have all my media files on a WD external HD. The problem I am having with media player is in the libraries.. When clicking "organize" then "manage libraries" and then "music" it just disappears and does nothing. If I follow the same steps to "videos" I get to the browse for location box, point to the folder on the WD hard drive and save, but it still says "there are no items in your video library". It does the same thing for "pictures" and "other media" also. I can however see everything from the "other libraries" tab when I click on TVersity. Any help appreciated as I am at a loss.

Scott

problem with windows media player

problem with media player
iam having windows 7 32 bit, initially i had a problem with media player that is once its opened and closed it won't reopen again to solve this i turned off the media player feature and restarted my pc again i turned it on and restarted. But now facing a new problem that it opens and plays just for 1 song and when i tend to change the song it's not responding and shows the following as problem
Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 12.0.7600.16415
Application Timestamp: 4a98ae4b
Hang Signature: 04ee
Hang Type: 1
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 04ee7ae2e731dd4f686f3f277b7182ef
Additional Hang Signature 2: 3268
Additional Hang Signature 3: 3268b3984b09663944d60820a171e5e2
Additional Hang Signature 4: f6aa
Additional Hang Signature 5: f6aac5f19d5b71c65d21078b5a4f4861
Additional Hang Signature 6: 397e
Additional Hang Signature 7: 397e0e5043f4cacaa45f734432021f88

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

after this i have deleted the media player folder and restarted but now a problem occurs that is i can able to play the sample musics without any problem but if am trying to add songs from my folders to make a playlist it becomes hanging and shows not responding. i will be very thankfull if anyone give a solution for this please help me brother

Arun,

1. Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services, look for the services that start with “Windows Media Player” and make sure they are running (click Start if not).

2. Start -> cmd -> type:

chkdsk /f c

this should fix errors found on your system partition.

3. Insert your 7 installation dvd in drive, Start -> cmd -> type:

sfc /scannow

it'll verify the integrity of your system files.

Back