Windows Vista Windows News Groups

AllenH

Hi. My first post!
I have been trying to access the Windows Newsgroups Forums from both this laptop (which runs Vista) and my desktop PC which runs XP. I used to have no trouble accessing the forums from either, but recently if I attempt to post a question on the Vista forum site, it refuses to open a new thread (and this is after entering the site by way of logging in via windows passport first). The "Sign In" icon is also showing.

And while it's not a Vista issue, the same thing happens (more or less) on the XP forum site, where if I try to start a new thread, I just get a yellow star with an exclamation mark. The icon shows I am logged in though.

I have turned off the Pop-Up Blockers in both Vista and XP, and anything else that looks obstructive, but to no avail.:(

It's infuriating and frustrating because I have not been able to access either of the forums (of course) to find out what my problem is!

I kind of assume that the issues are related, and if I can fix the one in Vista, it may fix the other too.

Can anyone out there help?:rolleyes:

AllenH

Hi Allen,
welcome to the forum.. :)
Could you post a screenshot of the problem you describe.. I have just opened the newsgroup site without any problems so I'm unsure as to why your not getting access. I copied this from the help function :

'The Web-based Newsreader is part of certain Web pages and allows you to participate in discussion groups directly in your Web browser; you don't need to install or configure anything. '

It's probably a setting somewhere thats been missed? Anyway please post the screenshot and hopefully we can get to the bottom of this.

Hi and thanks. I'll endeavour to post a screen shot to you. The laptop has Gadwin PrintScreen on it, so that should make life easier:)

I'll try it shortly.

AllenH

Hi and thanks. I'll endeavour to post a screen shot to you. The laptop has Gadwin PrintScreen on it, so that should make life easier:)

I'll try it shortly.

AllenH
Hi and thanks. I'll endeavour to post a screen shot to you. The laptop has GadwinPrintScreen on it, so that should make life easier

I'll try it shortly

AllenH

ScreenShot002.jpg
Well I've captured the screen shots, but can't find how to actually send them to you via this site. Grateful if you would let me know what to do.

The screen shot doesn't help much, I fear. It's just a snap of the standard Widows Vista Forum page, but I'll send it and another if I can find how to attach them here.

Well I've captured the screen shots, but can't find how to actually send them to you via this site. Grateful if you would let me know what to do.

The screen shot doesn't help much, I fear. It's just a snap of the standard Widows Vista Forum page, but I'll send it and another if I can find how to attach them here.

Regards,

Allen

Hi, it's the little message that I'm actually interested in .. To post your screenshot click 'manage attachments' below the 'submit reply' button, from there you'll be able to upload your 'screenie'.. :)

I hope I haven't done it again. I attached the screen shots, clicked on preview, and everything disappeared!

I'll try again

Allen

Thanks for the info..
When you accessed the site previously you stated that you encountered no problems... Were you using the Firefox browser then or is it a recent addition?

From memory, I use either. I have tried using both with my current problem, but neither works.

As I said, I did get in by devious means the other day, but even with the pop-up blocker switched off, I could not start a new thread. I click on "Question" and just get a yellow star with a red exclamation mark.

Back
Top Bottom