Windows 10 Windows OS install continuously restarts

bullrunlover

Alright so today I decided to clean out my cluttered gaming laptop and start completely fresh. So I decided to do a full system refresh. All was going good until my computer began to get stuck at the windows OS install screen saying "Installing windows 10%. Installing drivers 16%" for 3 hours. At that point I did what I should not have done and I performed a hard restart using the power button. Ever since then my laptop starts the install automatically on start up, prepares the installation, and as soon as the installation screen appears, which instantly shows "installing windows 68%", it restarts..... continuously. Could anyone please assist me so I don't have to go spend tons of money on another gaming computer?

At that point I did what I should not have done and I performed a hard restart using the power button.
At least you realise what you did wrong. This should never be done no matter how long it's been.

Is it possible to use a friends machine to download the windows 10 iso? If you can then you can boot from it and either try a start up repair or perform a clean install.
Windows 10

so I don't have to go spend tons of money on another gaming computer?
There should be no need for a new machine as the issue is software based.

At least you realise what you did wrong. This should never be done no matter how long it's been.

Is it possible to use a friends machine to download the windows 10 iso? If you can then you can boot from it and either try a start up repair or perform a clean install.
Windows 10

There should be no need for a new machine as the issue is software based.

I do actually have the windows software on a USB for situations like this.

I do believe its windows 8.1 though because at the time windows 10 was in its beta stage.

Hmm.... Well you could either download the wins 10 iso and pop it on the USB or install 8.1 and then upgrade to windows 10? (even though the time has passed there are still ways and means to upgrade for free)

Hmm.... Well you could either download the wins 10 iso and pop it on the USB or install 8.1 and then upgrade to windows 10? (even though the time has passed there are still ways and means to upgrade for free)
I'll probably do it from 8.1 to save the hassle, the problem is, i cant do anything without the computer continuously restarting

Just encase, what would the process be if I cannot access the boot menu?
Accessing the bios shouldn't be an issue and the drive will need to be in the machine so you can install the os. If you took the drive out and managed to install windows somehow it still won't run.
Just on the bios accessing it's quite easy to miss the prompts so be vigilant as well as patient.. :)

Back