Windows server 2019 network error 0x80070035

tasdim

Hello everyone,
I have a Dell server running Windows 2019 server Standard which is on the same network with 4 Dell pc's running Windows 7 Home X64. All machines have static IP.
All the Dell pc's can see and access the server and files without any problem, through networking.
The server can see all 4 pc's but cannot access them and always returns an error "Network Path not found.....error 0x80070035"
I have tried accessing pc's from the server by their name \\user1 etc or by their ip //192.168.1.60 but no luck.....
I have tried changing TCP/IP Netbios helper service to automatic and enabling Netbios over TCP/IP on the advanced TCP/IP setting but no luck again......
All I want to do is to install a printer to the server from a client pc running win7 which is already shared with all other pc's ....
Any help will be very much appreciated...Thanks in advance

• Install Wireshark on the server Wireshark · Download
  • Open an elevated command prompt on the server and type ipconfig /flushdns
  • Launch wireshark and select the interface in use to start the capture
  • Try to access one of the systems
  • Click the Red square button to stop the capture
  • Save the .pcap file and PM it to me

Thank you for your reply. The solution to my problem was to enable "insecure guest access" through Group policy setting in Windows Server 2019.

Hello everyone,
I have a Dell server running Windows 2019 server Standard which is on the same network with 4 Dell pc's running Windows 7 Home X64. All machines have static IP.
All the Dell pc's can see and access the server and files without any problem, through networking.
The server can see all 4 pc's but cannot access them and always returns an error "Network Path not found.....error 0x80070035"
I have tried accessing pc's from the server by their name \\user1 etc or by their ip //192.168.1.60 but no luck.....
I have tried changing TCP/IP Netbios helper service to automatic and enabling Netbios over TCP/IP on the advanced TCP/IP setting but no luck again......
All I want to do is to install a printer to the server from a client pc running win7 which is already shared with all other pc's ....
Any help will be very much appreciated...Thanks in advance

Hello tasdim,

The error 'Network Path not found - error 0x80070035' usually occurs if your PC can't find the way of a network that it's connected to. The error can be caused by various causes, as the corrupted registry entries can also result in the error.

However, here are some ways you can follow to troubleshoot and fix the error,

Ensure that the drive is shared:

• Firstly, go to your Local disk (C:), right-click on it, and select Properties.
  • Next, click on the Sharing tab.
Note: If the network path on the screen is Not Shared.
  • Then, click on the Advanced Sharing tab.
  • Now, check the box 'Share this folder' and ensure that the below Share name is correct.
  • Then, click Apply > OK to save the change and exit.
  • Now, press Windows key logo + R to open the Run command.
  • Lastly, type the name of a folder in the search field and hit Enter to check if the folder is accessible now.

Connect targeted PC using an IP address:

• Firstly, press Windows key logo + R and type cmd.
  • Next, In the command prompt, type the below command and hit Enter,
ipconfig /all
  • Now, locate the IPv4 Address category and copy/paste the IP address.
  • Then, press the Windows logo key + R, paste the IP address in the search field as \\192.xxx.xx.xxx\c, and hit Enter.

By following the above steps, the drive should be accessible and work fine without any error. If the issue persists, you must follow the below steps,

Change Network Security settings:

• Firstly, press the Windows logo + R keys, type secpol.msc in the Run dialogue, and click on OK.
  • Then, go to Local Policies > Security Options > Network security
  • Now, navigate to the LAN Manager authentication level and double-click on it.
  • Next, from the drop-down list, select Send LM & NTLM-use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.
  • Lastly, click on Apply/OK to save the changes.

Enable SMB V1.0:

• Firstly, open the Start menu, type Windows Feature, and open Windows features on or off.
  • Now, locate SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support.
  • Lastly, check it and click OK to save the changes.

Thus, you can follow the above ways to troubleshoot and resolve the network error 0x80070035. I hope the above fixes help you to overcome the issue.

------------------------
Regards,
Rex M

Back