Windows Server 2019 restart/network issue

SchoolAdmin

Hello, I´ve been struggling with this for months. We use WinServer19, NIC1 is incoming network (NIC1 is shared to NIC2), NIC2 is outgoing network where we use static address/settings for organization. Our problem is, when the server restarts or update+restarts, the NIC2 settings will be restored to their original state and needed to set up again, everytime. It´s a little bit annoying to watch and set up every single time..
Does anyone have tips what was the problem or how should we solve this problem?

Hello. It sounds like your server is losing the network configuration for NIC2 after a reboot or update. Here are some things you can try to troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check if there are any errors or warnings in the Windows Event Viewer related to the NIC2 network card. Look for events related to network card initialization or configuration.

2. Check if there are any group policies applied to the server that could be affecting the network configuration. Use the Group Policy Management Console to review applied policies that could be altering the settings.

3. Check if your server's firmware and drivers are up to date. Updates can address known issues with the network card or other hardware.

4. Double-check the registry settings for the network card. Backup the registry and check for any erroneous or invalid entries.

5. Try resetting the TCP/IP stack on the server. Open a command prompt as administrator, then type "netsh int ip reset" and hit Enter. This will reset the TCP/IP configuration and possibly solve the issue.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions or if any of the above steps resolved your issue.

It sounds like who ever set up the outgoing network made a mistake... Resetting each time means the default network isn't the outgoing one

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Windows Forums mobile app

You could try deleting the network adapter in Device Manager, rebooting, and rediscovering it. Try adding the static settings and see if it retains it on the next reboot.

Back