Windows Server January updates

polleblanc1212

Hi there,

So I'm new in this topic and I'm going give it a try since I've got some serious problems about the last update for Windows Server in January 2022.

There are last updates availabled :
Windows Server 2012 R2 : KB5009624
Windows Server 2019 : KB5009557

These update are fatals for servers that use Hyper-V and other issues, like, rebooting DC in loop, etc. I've got a lot of costumers that are running on Windows Servers 2012 R2 and 2019 and these KB, I don't want these to be installed. But the issue is, the majority of these servers has already installed these updates and then , it's pending to restart to complete the installation of these updates, BUT I DON'T WANT TO RESTART AND THEN BREAK HYPER-V. I've verified these KB fixes from Microsoft, but the only fix that I find is uninstalling these KB after installation and restart the server. In the majority of reviews for this fix are positives, but in my case, I've tried this solution on one that is Windows Server 2012 R2 and it has not been fixed, the vm is still not getting started.

My question is, still I don't want to restart these servers because I'm not sure what it will impacting even if I uninstall it after rebooting and complete the update, can I uninstall these KB manually WHILE it's saying that to complete the update , we must reboot the server ? ( see my attachment )

OR I should wait, and not doing maintenance for a while, the time Microsoft release a hotfix for this ?

This is getting me crazy, I'm not sure of nothing, so be free to share your knowledges and experiences and what you think about this situation.

Thank you

Attachments

• 2022-01-17_22h59_02.png
    2022-01-17_22h59_02.png
    10.1 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom