Windows server not running

Gbetse Paul

Been running windows server 2008 64bit on a small form factor hp desktop but when I tried to upgrade to windows server 2012 but I receive error message that my processor doesn't support the installation. But the processor is a 64based processor. Can some give me solution why I can install Windows server 2008 b4bit but cannot install server 2012 64bit ...

Hopefully the CPU in your HP computer is an Intel processor. If it is not, that could be the cause of your server OS upgrade failure. There are well-known problems with running various versions of Microsoft Servers that use AMD processors.:headache: There are many corporations who forbid the use of AMD processors in ANY of there network servers due to long standing compatibility issues with ERP software and applications such as SAP, CS/3, and ORACLE, and CITRIX, to name a few. This is also true in the Fortune100 companies I installed networks for, and dates back to the late 90s. My IT friends still in the business today, tell me the problem still exists. This is part of the reason that Norway is asking your for hardware specs on your CPU chip.

Best,
<<<BIGBEARJEDI>>>

As was already mentioned need to know the computer model, CPU make/model as well as the specific version of Server 2012 you're trying to install.

Back
Top Bottom