Windows 7 Windows Setup Cannot Configure Windows to Run on this Computers Hardware

stom

Trying to do a fresh installation of Windows7 Home premium 64bit on my system. I have removed all existing partitions from the disk and allowed Windows setup to create new partitions.

Setup will then give the message "Windows Setup Cannot Configure Windows to Run on this Computers Hardware" after the first reboot shortly after setting the correct screen reolution.

I have removed all but the essential devices from the machine (for example, NIC, WIFI Card, other harddrives and all USB periferals except mouse and keyboard). I have tried changing the SATA settings in the bios from native (AHCI) to legacy (IDE). I have also tried installing Windows7 32bit. All changes have ended with the same error.

System specs are as follows;

Intel Quad Q9550 Processor
Intel DP45SG motherboard
ATI Radeon HD4600 Graphics card
4GB DDR3 RAM
750GB Seagate harddrive with no existing data on it

Thanks for any help in advance.

Tom

Hello Tom, you're specs sound OK , did you unplug all USB devices including external drives

Could you please fill in your computer specs in the UserCP link at the top left hand side of the page.

Then click Edit Your Details.

This freeware program will give you all the information you will need:

SIV (System Information Viewer) 4.03

That will give us a better idea of how to help you.

HI Reghakr,

I've updated my user profile as requested.

Yes I unplugged all USB devices except the mouse and keyboard before begginnig the install.

Please note also that the source media for the install is a full retail version of Windows7, bought on the release date.

Let me know if any other information is required.

Thanks

Tom

Think it's that ATI card causing the glitch? Might remove & just the on-board, see what happens

There's no on-board on this motherboard, however i've got a Nvidia Quadro FX1800 in the system i'm using to post these messages. I'll take it out and try it in the new system build.

Quote:
I have removed all existing partitions from the disk and allowed Windows setup to create new partitions.
What program did you use to accomplish this?

I've just been deleting all existing partitions using Windows setup and then recreating them prior to the install.

You can't delete a system or boot partition, I don;y know how you accomplish rd that.

How about another sceen shot of Disk Management

Last edited:
Finally got it installed! It was a glitch with the Radeon HD4600. As soon as i installed with the NVidia Quadro FX1800 it worked fine! I will now try and Install the Radeon as a second graphics card and see if it can be got working that way(I need the quadro in my main workstation)!

Thanks for all the reply's and support its been very helpful!!!

Just would like to add that installing the ATI Radeon as a second graphics card and configuring it with the drivers from ATI's site has worked. The Quadro card has now been returned to my workstation and the Radeon HD 4600 is working as the main graphics card onthe new system build!

Thanks for all your input! Its been really helpful!!

Back