Windows 7 Windows Update Doesn't Work!

Kylethedarkn

Whenever I try to start/stop the windows update service it freezes the services window. Also when I click check for updates in control panel, it freezes the window.

same thing here, I had to go to the windows update website, but the updates still didn't install

I just ended up reinstalling Windows 7. Its was the program MagicISO/MagicDisc that caused the problem.

Kylethedarkn said:
I just ended up reinstalling Windows 7. Its was the program MagicISO/MagicDisc that caused the problem.
Quite a drastic move. You could have just uninstalled the offending application, instead of what you did.:p

if you have actived your version of windows, go to microsoft.com and install the Microsoft Update to replace the windows update,hopefully that will fix your issues.

They need to make Microsoft Update standard and toss Windows Update out the window ..... pun intended

Have you tried simply clicking the Windows Update icon on the Start Menu?

Why would you mess with the Window Update service in Services?

Turning off the service saves RAM.
But yeah, any ISO loaders kill Windows 7 at this point.
Magic ISO is fine, but MagicDisk = bad.

Turning off the service saves RAM.

I'm pretty sure if you turn off indexing, Windows restore will no longer function.

Off topic, but what do you think of Magic ISO. I have a 4.1 GB download I'm trying to get and the software company recommended Magic ISO. But the website looked a little sketchy to me. Obviously, it was a foreign developer with many incorrect sentence and wordings, but the program itself seemed very good.

What do you think?

I am using PowerISO n its been doing its job, specially since I did a clean install, ive had to re-download all my programs. I also uninstalled that stupid Norton 360, i haven't gotten a blue screen of deth since then.

I'm pretty sure if you turn off indexing, Windows restore will no longer function.

Off topic, but what do you think of Magic ISO. I have a 4.1 GB download I'm trying to get and the software company recommended Magic ISO. But the website looked a little sketchy to me. Obviously, it was a foreign developer with many incorrect sentence and wordings, but the program itself seemed very good.

What do you think?
Its a very nice program. MagicISO and MagicDisc, both made by the same company, are great programs. Free and they work. Just not with windows 7 apparently.

Back
Top Bottom